Chapter 10 Going Home Dan's POV

I wake up to see PHIL adorably dozing in a disgustingly green chair. His head is tilted slightly, and he's drooling the tiniest bit. His legs are splayed out in an awkward fashion, his feet almost reaching my bed. Dr. Watson, as his name tag reads, bustles into the room with a cheery smile on his face, until I shush him and gesture to Phil.
"My apologies, Mr. Dan," he whispers, "You will be discharged and transported to your flat by hospital transportation today at ten in the morning. Please prepare you and your friend for departure, and be ready by nine thirty. A nurse will come to retrieve you and take you to your flat."
"Alright, will you come see us before then?" I ask.
"Yes. I will return at eight o'clock to discuss your condition and care with you and Mr. Phil."
After this, Dr. Watson quietly take his leave and I wake Phil.
***
My stuff is packed and at the end of my bed when the doctor returns.
"Ah. Glad to see you awake, Mr. Phil," he states.
"Now, let's get down to business, Mr. Dan may have slight amnesia, but there is a bigger problem. He may have strange urges to do things, due to some brain jostling. Nevertheless, these urges are minor and can be extinguished fairly easily. Phil, for his care, just watch him to make sure his urges bring no harm. That is all. Your ride will be early, so follow me."
Dr. Watson introduces me to our driver, a nurse named June.
"Hello June! Phil, say hi." I instruct.
"Oh, I've already met June," Phil says with a sneer.
June returns the look, and sets my bags in the trunk. Before long, we are home.
"Welcome back, Dan." Phil says.
Our day goes on perfectly, and we are just getting ready for bed when I hear it. A faint sound, but it's definitely there. A voice.