Chapter 9 Miracles Phil's POV

I feel a slight squeeze on my hand, then hear the heart monitor begin to faintly beep.
"DAN!" I yell.
"Sir, I ask you to kindly step out of the room while we stabilize him." A nurse states.
"LIKE FUCK I'M LEAVING!!!!" I yell.
"Alright, sir, just please stay out of our way."
The nurses and Dr. Watson rush around the room, flipping switches and hitting buttons, until Dr. Watson gives the all clear. They all leave, including the doctor.
"Mr. Phil, please try not to touch or wake Mr. Dan, as he is in a very delicate condition."
"Yes, sir." I respond.
Dr. Watson leaves and gently shuts the door with a soft click. Immediately after the door is fully closed and I hear his retreating steps, I rush to Dan's bedside with tears in my eyes.
"Oh Dan, Dan, Dan. Dammit, Dan, why did you run. Dammit, Phil, why did you yell at him."
I give up and just end up sitting in an uncomfortable vomit-green chair for the next few hours until I fall asleep. I wake up to the sound of a knocking at the door, and I realize it's already morning.
"Come in." I groggily say-yawn.
Dr. Watson comes into the room with June. They take Dan's readings and say that he can leave in two days, tops. Dr. Watson messes around with a few more readings and switches until he starts to make his leave.
"Come along, June." He says.
"I'll be right there, just a few more readings." She responds.
"Alright, I'll be in Alec Lightwood's room, he supposedly got hit with a 'glitter-bomb', if I recall correctly."
Dr. Watson leaves the room, and June starts coming towards me. I notice that her skirt has seemingly ridden up her thighs a bit, exposing her flabby butt.
"Hey, Phillie." She seductively says, placing her hands on my chest.
I push her away.
"Go away June. I don't want you or your flabby ass. There is only one man I love, and he is lying right here. Now get the fuck out of here and never come back."
"Hmph!" She says, and struts out the door.
I turn towards Dan, and see him faintly smiling at me.
"You're cute when you're mad." Is the only thing he can get out before he falls into the murky depths of unconsciousness once again.