Chapter 9: Event

"Ughh, why do we have to do this again?" Roland whined as we walked to the court.

"That's because it is a mandatory idiot," Roman answered harshly like he was annoyed with Roland's whining.

"But still, I would rather sit in class and listen to Ms. Kara's lesson about poetry than this!" Roland objected.

"That's a lie. You never listen to Ms. Kara's teaching," I too replied bluntly.

It has been a whole month since the "Wrath of Mr. Travis judgment," as what most students called that day. I have spent most of my moments with these two gentlemen ever since our group work. My life has practically changed at this point and onwards as I have two reliable friends who I could trust with my life when I haven't had any in the first place. My academics have also been rising lately as most of the assignments have been centered around group work, which only meant that I get to spend more time with Roman and Roland while benefiting from it. Additionally, this caused my life at home much better as my parents were impressed with how well my grades were.

Moreover, thanks to their help, I tried to strengthen our bond by understanding them better. From what I know, Roland is an energetic and charismatic person but is very lazy on the inside. He would often do work last minute and is calm in handling pressure as he would always try to find a way out of it. On the other hand, Roman is very blunt in speaking out his thoughts, he is the more intelligent and talented person in our group, and while he is not as active as Roland, he is just someone there who can get along with anyone.

"But you get my point at least!" Roland says, continuing our conversation.

"I would but knowing you, you're just trying to find excuses," Roman attacked.

Roland was talking about a school event that every student must partake in. It is a small activity that encourages each class to compete in a series of physical activities and with one trying to surpass the other. I understand how Roland felt about it as I am not excited about it and just find it painful, but at least I don't complain about it openly as he did. The only perk I found about this activity is that it eliminates half of the classes left, which is a win if I ever saw one.

"There's our class," Roman said as he pointed at the crowd of students.

We all rushed to where he pointed and waited for the other students to arrive.

About 5 minutes passed by, and it looked like all the first-year middle school students were all here. Then, lost in my thought, a loud screeching sound suddenly pierced my ear. My attention was on the principal, Mrs. Micah, as she stood on a stool with a microphone in her hand.

"Good morning, my lovely students. It is nice seeing you all today to participate in this year's event. I'm sure many of you are excited to play the thrilling and adrenaline rushing games we all have installed for you-."

She continues her long speech about the activity and how it is about forming bonds with classmates, etc. There are a total of 7 different activities that the class would participate in with a system where the class being first place getting three points, the class being second place two points, the class being the third place one point, and the class being fourth place getting no points per activity. The function of this would be to determine the winning class where they would receive a prize to increase the students' spirits and determination to do their best.

After understanding Mrs. Micah's announcement of the whole thing, the event began, and students began discussing their plans. Right away, I can't help but feel left out in the plan as I know my classmates won't let me participate with the assumption that people already have on me.