Now or never

Nina's POV

Today is the day. The day I see the cast and crew again. The day I see Ian again. Almost a year after we broke up, I have to face him even though I feel as though I'll break down and won't ever be able to pick myself back up. I guess you could say I'm having an 'Elena Gilbert' day.

I'm in a happy relationship though. I shouldn't be having these thoughts or feelings about Ian after I was the one who wasn't ready for the commitment... Or marriage... Or children. I guess the age gap didn't really help things out either. I mean, I'm a business women, and as I've said many, many times over the years, my career comes first. With Derek, I'm happy! It helps that the time I spend with him, I also get to spend with my amazing best friend, Julianne Hough, his sister. He treats me right -not that Ian didn't- and our relationship, unlike Ian and mine did, doesn't interfere with my acting or complicate our show or events related to it. It's pure and I'm able to be open and honest with everyone including the public instead of sneaking around like two love struck teenagers. Why am I still holding on to the love Ian and I once had anyways? It's false hope. He's moved on, well before me I might add, with Nikki. My former close friend! Or so I thought...

I go to the bathroom with my iPhone, brush my teeth and turn on a steamy shower to drown my sorrows, all while finding a song that'll cheer me up a bit, before I have to go greet everyone with a fake smile and eat cake like I'm not dying a little inside. To be honest, I'm curious. I'm curious to see what the cast, and obviously Kevin and Julie have spent their summers doing. Although, I'm even more curious to see how Ian will react after not seeing me for a few months. Maybe when we finally come face to face, he will realize that he -we- both made a huge mistake and who knows, maybe everything will go back to nor-

*ring ring*

I'm quickly pulled back to reality by the sound of my phone vibrating on the bathroom sink. I carefully step out of the slippery shower and wrap a blue cotton towel around my body. I pull my hair back to keep it from dripping, and check the caller ID. Just as I go to answer, my phone stops ringing. It was Paul. I call back quickly, hoping he'll pick up. I haven't seen him all summer either. Kat, Candice and I hung out a few times, went dancing and watched a few movies but they're the only ones I've seen.

"Hey Paul, what's up? Long time no talk!" I say in a cheerful tone.

"Hey Nina! I guess we didn't get the chance to hangout over the summer like we said we would?"

I smile sympathetically. Paul always finds a way to make me smile, even when I'm at my worst. Just like Ian used to.

"I know! Sorry about that, I've been kinda... Busy." I reply dishonestly.

No. Actually, I haven't done anything all summer, other than a bit of travelling and perhaps some social media stalking Ian. My ultimate summer goal was to audition for a movie or two, although the opportunity never arose.

"Well, I just wanted to remind you about the reunion today. I'm already down at the studio helping everyone set up the sets and prepping Stefan's obviously very complex wardrobe." He says sarcastically.

I chuckle. I remember so vividly the times Ian and I would spend hours talking -okay, there may have been some flirting involved also- on the phone. He'd say something that wasn't the least bit funny, and I'd giggle anyways.

"Julie said you should try and be here for about 1:00."

Crap. Way to go Dobrev, I thought to myself while trying to figure out how I'll be ready and down to the studio in 20 minutes. "Um, perfect." I say while hanging up the phone and racing towards my room to get dressed.

I throw on some black skinny jeans, and a red flowing shirt and put my wet hair into an elegant bun to try and make myself look semi presentable to my cast mates. And Ian. God, I hope Nikki won't be tagging along. I'm definitely not ready to face her after the sense of betrayal that I felt once I heard the news from the Internet, instead of her personally telling me. I ended up finding out the hard way. Over the past summer, I've lost two peoples that have always been there for me. I feel as though I've lost a part of my family. In a way, I kinda have.

"Today is the day, it's now or never." I whisper to myself while locking the door behind me, as I step onto my porch...