Hand in hand

Nina's POV

My voice trembles as I order him to leave my room. That was so disrespectful of him, to invade my privacy like that. But when he wrapped his arms around my waist, I had to stop it before it turned into something that we'd both regret. I'm not saying I don't want it. Because I do. Or at least, I think I do. Probably just as bad as him. But I can't. I can't betray Derek like that and unfortunately, Ian can't betray Nikki either. Although I'm afraid I've been being dishonest with Derek the entire summer, because having these feelings and fantasies about my ex boyfriend means that the love Derek and I have must not be very strong at all. Or maybe it is strong, but Ian's is just so much stronger.Maybe it's always been Ian...

I felt my eyes start to burn, and I knew what was coming, so I had to slam the door, and as much as I try to blink away the tears, they pour down my cheeks in a constant flow. I put my face into a small pillow on my couch to try and hide the sob sounds. I was kinda hoping he would re-open the door and sit with me to try and comfort me, but he knows I'm upset and that he wouldn't be making things any easier. Once I made sure Ian had left, I went to the bathroom to wash off and redo my running mascara before I was called on set to film the first episode of season five. I guess Ian and I should've ended our conversation on a good note rather then end in a pool of tears. Because now, we have to go down there, pretend like nothing happened and shoot sex and make out scenes, all while looking happy doing it. Because, and I quote from the episode, we have to make it look like we had "the summer of our lives". Which was the complete opposite. And the both of us know it.

When I walk on set, I see the large bed with all the white sheets and pillows set up to make it look like we've been rolling around. Ian, already under the covers, looked my way as he realized I was unwrapping my robe. Because it wasn't awkward enough, now I have to undress right beside him and slip into bed with him. Naked.

"Stop staring." I whisper yell at him, as a small smirk appears on my face.

"Stop being so adorable, and I will." He responds challengingly. Flirtatiously.

"I can't, sorry." I say, continuing the play fight that I started.

"Then I'm gonna continue staring. It's as simple as that."

I watch his eyes as they scan my body, from top to bottom. He grins slyly, then beckons for me to get into the bed by patting the white sheets beside him. My motto is to always keep it professional, no matter what the circumstances, but it's hard to stay professional when all you want to do is let your heart and desire overpower your rational thoughts.

I take a deep breath. Once I'm comfortably situated on the right side of the king sized bed, i slowly exhale, allowing myself to calm down. I feel Ian's hand reach for mine under the sheets, and without thinking, I grab it. I feel shivers travel down my spine and my hand tingles from his strong, yet gentle touch. We both smile absentmindedly. Usually his smile is more of a smirk, but not this time. This time, it was genuine. My breathing automatically evened out, and I felt much more prepared for this scene. He then starts rubbing small circles along the top of my hand and I rest my head on his bare chest. Again, without thinking. We were told to get into position. So I quickly prop myself up on my elbows, letting go of Ian's hand, and lower my body onto his. The director calls action, and Ian automatically crashes his lips to mine. He makes his way down my neck, my collar bone and then my shoulder. This feels amazing, I think to myself while widely smiling. He grabs my waist and flips me, so that I'm on top, and we repeat the process until the directors call cut.

After repeating that scene several times, we head back to our dressing rooms to change, i.e put some clothes on, and prepare for our next scene.

"That was nice." He says seductively as we walk back to our dressing rooms.

"Um, yeah, it was." I respond awkwardly.

Feeling embarrassed by the words that had come out of my mouth, I race ahead to my room.

I change into some purple short-shorts and a loose purple and pink tank top, while Ian puts on some jeans and a black top. Casual Damon wear. As I'm walking out of my dressing room I feel an excruciating pain in my head and my vision blurs slightly. I didn't eat this morning so I must just be hungry. So I don't think much of it, and walk out of the room. I stop by Ian's dressing room before heading down to set.

"You ready?" I ask, while knocking on the closed door.

"Come in!" He yells back.

"I was just wondering if you were ready." I only open the door a crack. Just enough for me to fit my head through.

"Not yet, but you can come in and wait, if you want?"

I hesitate, knowing what being in close quarters with Ian does to me. Deciding to take the chance, I slowly open the door and walk in. I haven't been in Ian's dressing room in over a year. Everything's been moved around.

"Would you mind shutting the door?" He asks politely. He doesn't show any signs of flirtatious behaviour, so I shut the door. What's the worst that could happen?

Once the door is shut, I turn around to see Ian taking off his shirt. My body tenses up as he starts to unbutton his jeans.

"It's nothing you haven't seen before." He says, as his pants drop to the ground.

"Ian," I say while looking at my feet. He takes a step forward. "We can't. I. can't."

I turn, and start making my way towards the closed door.

"Nina, c'mon. I'm just fooling with you."

I can't help but let a small tear escape. I quickly lower my head as it trickles down my cheek, and wipe it away before Ian has a chance to notice. He doesn't understand. He doesn't understand how much it hurts me to have to hide my feelings, because it comes so easily to him.

He quickly slips on a new pair of pants and effortlessly pulls a shirt over his head.

"Come here." He says while spreading his arms, and wrapping me in a tight gripped hug.

He sighs. "I'm sorry, baby."

He puts both of his hands on my shoulder, pulling out of the hug, and grabs my small hand. Shortly after, we are called down to set. We walk slowly, hand in hand to the Salvatore living room, cherishing every precious moment of each others touch, automatically forgetting our other partners...