01| girl from class b

───"HEY, Shoto

───"HEY, Shoto. Who you staring at?"

Mina's cheerful voice snaps Shoto out of his gaze. He stares at the pink girl who has her eyebrow raised, confused. But as soon as Shoto realizes he's been caught staring, he turns red and looks back down at his half-eaten soba.

"Oi, why are you red? You sick?"

Shoto picks up a handful of noodles with his chopsticks, avoiding the group's watchful eyes. "No..."

"Don't be nervous, Shoto," Eijiro reassures, showing his toothy grin, "we're the ones who invited you here after all!"

"Yeah," Mina adds, playfully punching Shoto's shoulder, "Even Katsuki here agreed to let you come! Don't worry if you think he's gonna beat your ass."

Katsuki scoffs, "Don't include me in this, you idiots."

"I think he was looking over there!" Denki interrupts, pointing at the direction Shoto was staring off to. This grasps the whole group's attention and Shoto practically goes on fire. They all look at a girl who sits with her friends as she eats her lunch.

Hanta squints his eyes, "Y/n?"

"From Class B?" Mina adds, looking at Shoto with a teasing smirk.

"Little Miss Perfect, huh?" Katsuki questioned as he eyes the red and white-haired boy. Shoto stares back but he's slightly angry that Katsuki joined in.

Hanta, Denki, and Mina share a look as they giggle, covering their mouths with their hands. Katsuki rolls his eyes, going back to his food, while Eijiro is completely confused.

"Wait, what's going on?" The red-haired boy asks, feeling bummed about being left out.

"It's nothing," Shoto tells him before the others could. The idiots of the group laugh even louder hearing this, and Shoto shoots them a glare, cheeks tinted pink.

"Seems to me," Mina shrugs, "Shoto has a crush on Y/n."

"Ohhh-"

"What?" Shoto interrupts, but lowers his voice so the other students don't hear, especially the mentioned girl from the other table, "No! Shut up!"

"Don't worry, Shoto," Mina says placing her hands on his shoulder. She whispers close in his ears, "Even Katsuki here had a crush on her, but she rejected him because he's a jerk."

Katsuki slams his hands on the table, embarrassed, "I heard that you piece of shit! Shut up!"

"Don't worry, dude," Denki joins, ignoring the angry pomeranian in the background, "We'll help you out."

Mina, Hanta, and Eijiro nod in agreement, and Shoto doesn't know whether to feel grateful or mortified. He didn't mean to stare at her, she was just too pretty that he didn't have the willpower to move his eyes away. And then he was caught, and now here he is, with his biggest secret revealed. Shoto wonders what his father will think once he finds out his son is focusing on a girl, rather than his training.

Screw that guy, Y/n is more important.

"Alright," Shoto breathes, "what do I have to do?"

Once Shoto sees the mischievous grins the squad had on their faces (minus Katsuki), he immediately regrets ever asking.