10

Marinette POV:

Today's the day. It's the day of the dance. I can't wait to see Adrien in his Cat Noir-inspired suit and I can't wait for him to see me in my Ladybug-inspired dress. The dance starts at 8:00 so he's coming to pick me up at 7:30 so we can be there by 7:45. It's always good to be early for these kinds of things. Then I heard my phone ring. I looked down and noticed that it was Alya.

"Hey, Alya. What's up?"

"Hey, girl. Are you ready for the dance?"

"Almost. I just need to do a bit of makeup and do something with my hair before I get into my dress."

"I'm so excited. This dance is gonna be so much fun."

"I know. I can't wait."

"Well, I gotta go. I gotta get ready for the dance too. I'll see you there girl."

"See you there Alya."

I hung up and finished my makeup. I decided to go with pink eyeshadow and a light pink blush. Then I put my hair into a braided crown. This is a beautiful look for me. Then I got into my dress as my mom called up to me that Adrien was here to take me to the dance. I was so excited. I carefully climbed down the ladder from my room to our apartment. I walked down the stairs slowly and elegantly, trying not to trip on my dress. As I came down, I saw that Adrien was staring with an admiring look in his eyes. He looked amazing in his suit. I have to admit, I stared at him a bit too.

"Wow. Marinette. You look beautiful."

"Thanks, Adrien. You look pretty great too."

"Thanks. Shall we?" He asked me as he offered me his elbow.

"We shall." I replied as I wrapped my arm through his.

"Wait. I need to get a few pictures." My mom gushed. She is such a sentimental person. But I humored her. Once she got her pictures, Adrien and I got into the limo and went to the school.

"Are you nervous at all Marinette?" Adrien asked me.

"Why should I be?" I inquired.

"I don't know. I mean, you are going to the dance with me. People are bound to stare and be jealous that we're going together." He explained.

"Let them. I don't care. As long as Lila and Chloe aren't there, I don't care what other people think." I told him.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Wow. I love seeing this confident side of you Marinette."

"Thanks, Adrien." I blushed.

Soon enough we were at the dance. Adrien got out first and opened the limo door for me. He extended his hand toward me and I took it happily. I closed the door and we walked up to the school doors. Like Adrien had predicted, people were staring at us. Some of the girls had angry scowls or were crying out of jealousy. I didn't care. I was at the dance with my long-time crush. Nothing could ruin this night for me.

"Marinette. Adrien. Over here." Alya called out to us.

We walked over to her and Nino. They looked amazing. Alya was wearing an orange dress that kinda looked like her Rena Rouge outfit but not super similar. I'm glad I had designed it that way. Same with Nino's outfit. I had designed it after his Carapace suit but made sure that it didn't look too similar. I didn't want anyone guessing who they were.

"Wow. You two look really great." I told them.

"Thanks to a certain designer." Alya winked. I giggled a little bit.

"Marinette, you designed those outfits?" Adrien asked.

"Yeah, I did. I would've designed one for you but I didn't know what to do for the design."

"That's sweet. I know you would have. Part of why I fell for you, Mari. You always think of others."

"Really?" I asked as my face turned tomato red.

"Yeah. As I said, you're our every day Ladybug."

"Thanks, Adrien." My face turned beet red.

Then the doors of the dance opened. Adrien paid for the four of us which was really sweet of him. And we walked into a beautifully decorated cafeteria. I was amazed at how amazing it looked. Everyone was dancing to some upbeat music. Adrien pulled me onto the dance floor and we really got into the swing of things. Then I got really thirsty.

"Adrien, I'm gonna go get some punch. Do you want any?"

"I'm okay for now. Thanks, though."

I nodded and walked over to the punch table. I grabbed a glass and put it to my lips. I downed it pretty quickly because my throat felt so dry. Then I started to feel dizzy and weak. I tried to take a step but I stumbled.

"Oh let me help you." A voice said. I couldn't make out who it was but I didn't care. I was getting help. I thanked them and let them put an arm around me to support me. My vision was starting to get blurry so I didn't really know where we were going. But then I heard my name called out. I heard someone running after me but then the person helping me threw something and it exploded. Making it impossible for anyone to see us. I almost fainted when the person put me down somewhere. Eventually, I passed out and I had no idea what was going on.