17

20 years later

Marinette POV:

Hey. Guess I should update you guys on what's been going on in my life. Cat Noir and I beat Shadow Moth and now we're trying to defeat the new Hawk Moth. Adrien was really upset that Shadow Moth had turned out to be his own father. Oh yeah. Cat Noir and I revealed our identities to each other a couple of years ago. We were kinda surprised but we also weren't surprised at the same time. We are so happy. Oh yeah. Adrien and I are married now with three kids. Emma, our oldest, and Louis and Hugo, the twins. Emma is 7 and the twins are 4. I'm now Marinette Agreste.

Every once in a while I'll still have nightmares about my past and how I was treated as a teenager. Luckily, I have my wonderful husband right there beside me to help me through it.

We're also foster parents now. Emma and the twins love having other kids around. We did have to hire a nanny to keep track of them all but it was worth it. We were giving kids temporary homes until they could be adopted.

One night after Adrien and I finished patrol I fell asleep to another nightmare. But this one felt real. The next day I saw on the news that Chloe, Lila, and Kagami had broken out of jail. I didn't know how it was possible.

"Adrien, you better come see this." I called out to him that morning.

"What is it, honey?" He asked me. He was shocked to see what I had seen.

"Are you okay, Marinette?" I knew that Adrien was just concerned because he knew what those three girls had done to me back in high school. But for right now, I was okay.

"Yeah, I'm okay right now. As long as they don't come after you, me, or the kids, I should be fine."

"Are you sure Marinette? I can take a couple of days off from work to make sure that they don't come after you."

Adrien was now the founder and CEO of the Agreste Company. He was helping people with their problems. Whether it was family, financial, etc. He always found a way to help people. He even had social workers working for him. I'm so proud.

"I'm sure Adrien. You just go out and help people. I'll keep working from home after I drop the kids off at school."

I'm now the head designer of my own fashion company. Agreste's Designs.

"Okay. If you're sure. I'll be home for dinner. I love you Marinette."

"I love you too Adrien. Get to work. I'll get the kids to school."

He said goodbye to the kids and left for work.

I brought the kids to school but I couldn't shake this feeling that something was going to happen and it wasn't going to be good.