˚₊· Our Confessions

˚₊· 

"WHY DO YOU LIKE ME, MARINETTE?"

Marinette stopped stroking her hair and glanced at her. "What do you mean?"

The two of them hadn't moved or said a word since they'd admitted their feelings. Now, they just lay against each other, Claire resting her head under Marinette's chin while the blue-haired girl had her arms wrapped around her.

Claire repositioned herself so that she could meet her eyes. I'm just, surprised," she confessed. "I'm surprised that...someone like you would like someone like me."

Marinette frowned. "What are you talking about?" she asked.

"You're...you," Claire sighed, trying to explain.  "You're outgoing, and creative, and popular. I..."

She hesitated. After a moment she spoke again, but couldn't look at Marinette. "I'm awkward," she started. "I have the socializing skills of a rock. I blast Red Velvet albums when I'm sad, and I sing while I paint." She took a breath, still avoiding Marinette's eyes. "You still like me?"

Marinette smiled and took Claire's hand, gently intertwining their fingers. "Yeah, I do," she said. "I have a journal full of old designs locked away in here. I'm a perfectionist who somehow doesn't care at the same time. Blue used to be my favorite color simply because of my hair. And I have so, so many things I want to say to you, but I forget them as soon as we see each other." She eyed their hands, smiling. "I know this may seem crazy, but I'm not the image of perfection either. Do you still like me?"

Claire laughed. "Yeah, I do. And for the record, your hair is beautiful." They moved a hand to her face, gently brushing her cheek with their thumb. "You're beautiful."

A flush of red took over Marinette's face. "Stop saying things like that," she grumbled, although she was grinning.

"But it's true. I really like you."

"I know. I really like you, too."

Quiet followed after that. But it wasn't the awkward kind of quiet. It was comfortable, and relaxing. Like they already knew each other's thoughts and didn't have to worry about anything unexpected. Just as Claire was beginning to embrace the silence, Marinette asked,

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

At first, Claire thought she had heard wrong, but the look on Marinette's face told her that she had heard every word. Finally, the corner of her lip turned up.

"Only if you'll be mine," Claire replied. It only took her two seconds to realize how stupidly cheesy that could have sounded. "Was...was that good?" she asked quietly.

Marinette laughed under her breath. "It was perfect." With permission, she gently locked their lips again. "You're perfect," she said when they pulled away from each other. "All your flaws, all your insecurities. Everything you judge yourself for is something I love about you. You're perfect to me."

Claire brushed her bangs out of her face--she was at a loss for words. All she could do was feel her heart racing inside her chest. "Stop saying things like that," she finally said.

"Don't want to," Marinette said, stifling a yawn. "You're cute when you're flustered."

"Mari!"

"Sorry, couldn't help it."

-----------------
note from moon:
₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥about three parts left !! this story is definitely more calm and heartwarming than what i usually write, so it's a very nice break when i don't feel like writing my main stories. love you readers ! i'm gonna go blast some red velvet now ♡