The thing down the hall

We moved into a bigger home. Finally. We needed more space. I was so excited to have so much more space. I couldn't wait to decorate my office/lounge area. My own space away from it all.

I enjoyed this space. I watched TV, did my nails, listened to music, wrote in a journal. It felt like a safe space. That didn't last long.

I started noticing sounds coming from the bedroom at the end of the hall. Like footsteps and things being moved around. I would have dismissed it if the cats didn't notice it too. Everytime there was a noise we all perked up and looked across to the room. The door stayed open and we could see inside. Everytime I looked I never actually saw anyone, but I also felt like I was making eye contact with someone.

I usually brushed it off. I would tell my fiance about it whenever he came home from work and he thought I was crazy. It was late one night and he was downstairs watching TV. I was in my lounge room watching TV myself and I had one of the cats on my lap. We heard a noise from the room and like always we perked up and looked. Nothing. Nothing happened for a while after that and my cat went downstairs. I was enjoying my show until I heard footsteps again, but this time I decided not to look and just ignore it.

Until I head the footsteps getting closer as they echoed in the hallway, until eventually they reached my room and I could hear them right next to me. I held my breath and I had to force myself to keep my eyes forward. Afraid that if I turned to look something might actually be there and something might happen to me.

I don't know how, but I gained the courage to open my mouth. I screamed for my fiance and I told him to come upstairs, that I needed him. He hesitated and walked slowly upstairs, annoyed because he didn't believe me. As he walked up I heard the footsteps walking back to the end of the hall. I told him what happened and he stayed with me until we were ready to go to bed.

The next day I bought some sage and burned it all over the house and in every corner and even my body. I felt so safe and relieved as soon as I was done. And for a while I never heard anything or felt anything and I even got better sleep instead of the normal toss and turn. Until I had a party one night.

I had a few friends over for a dinner and some board games. I was in a hurry trying to get dinner done and going back and forth across the livingroom past the stairs. I looked up at the steps just for a moment and I saw it. It was a shadowy tall figure standing at the top of the stairs just looking down at me. Ignore it. Too many people here. I had to keep repeating to myself and as the night went on it did start to work and I completely forgot about the figure.

I saged again as soon as all my guests left. Again I felt relief. And I learned that I needed to sage every few weeks or it would be back. Each time it seems to appear less and less whenever it does come back. I still here footsteps time to time and I still feel like I'm looking at it when I look down the hall. I tried closing the door to the room, but I think it just sees me through the door anyways.

Another night I was laying down on my bean bag, watching TV. I felt the urge to turn over and look down the hall. The only light source at all upstairs was from the TV, so not everything was clear. But I kept looking down the hall. I saw something strange, like a blob in midair in the room. It was floating and it just looked like a blur. And I kept looking. I couldn't look away this time. It disappeared after a few seconds. Then moments later I saw a shadowy figure walking in the hall.

It happened instantly almost like a camera flash. But it wasn't just standing, it was walking. And the strange thing about it was that it had aura. The dark figure had a purplish or blueish glow outing the body. I immediately turned the lamp on next to me and there was nothing. I went in the hallway and I noticed footprints in the carpet in the spot where I saw the figure. They could've easily been caused by my fiancé, but I had never noticed them before. And they were much bigger than my feet.

Maybe it's a ghost. Maybe it's a demon. Maybe it's my own energy projecting itself. Whatever it is...it's there. All the time. Following me. Watching me, always watching me. From a distance. Up close. Taunting me. Like a hunter who watches the doe. Just watching. Waiting. Observing. Analyzing. I don't know. I just know only one thing about it.

It only wants me.