The Beach House Part 9

"Where on Gods name have you been?" Jamie whispered as I snuck into our room trying unsuccessfully to not wake her up

"Why are you all wet? ... And why have you got that huge smile on your face?" she questioned as I knelt close to her bed. I raised my eyebrow and she gasped clapping her hand over her mouth

 "You and Nate OH MY GOD!!" she shouted making me clap my hands over her mouth. 

 "Shutupp!! You'll wake everyone up!" I whispered angrily. She crossed her arms and huffed in anger,. I pulled off my hands and took a deep breath

 "Not me and Nate...Me and Rick" I smiled, my eyes lighting up with the memories of the last few hours.

 "no....You...You...You and Rick?" she stuttered as she tried to grasp the idea. Suddenly, her eyes shot wide open and her grin widened

 "You and Rick did the hanky panky didn't you" she shot an accusing finger at me and laughed widely 

 "Oh ... and here... I thought...you...were....in...love with ....Nate" pausing for breath she continued laughing kicking off her covers and clutching her stomach as she did so. 

 "Shut the hell up Jamie, It wasn't like that at all...It's been coming for a while" I said trying to calm her down.

 "It has, or he has?" she laughed even more, and I walked over to my bed fed up with her childish antics. What happened with me and Rick wasn't humorous, it was special, and she was making me feel like an idiot. I huffed as I pulled off my covers and got into bed, turning my back on her as she continued to laugh.

(...)

We were awoken the next morning by the bright sun, as it peered through the window, bringing the room to life with its presence. I heard Jamie pad over as she walked to my bed and pulled up the covers so she could get in too. 

 "I'm sorry for being an ass Jas, I just didn't think you guys would... you know, actually do it" she mumbled 

 "Yeah well, we did, and it was really special...I was hoping I could share that with my best friend" I huffed and turned over to look into her sorry eyes.

 "You can...I promise, no more laughing, no more accusing" she hugged me from behind and my anger instantly melted away. I sat up on the bed, twisting my fingers around in my lap as my mind replayed the night over and over again. 

 "Nate was so drunk last night" I started staring into my lap

 "I didn't want my first time to be with someone who couldn't even remember it...I wanted it to be special" I said looking back up at her.

 "And you went to Rick?" she asked taking my hands in her lap. I shook my head 

 "No I went back to the house to get away from Nate, and Rick was on the porch...He took me to one of the coves by the beach to talk about the kiss we had, and something came over me, and it went from there" I said biting my bottom lip. 

 "Oh Jas, that's so perfect" hugging me she stroked my back as I cried silently.

 "Wait...Wait...Do you regret it?" she asked eyeing my tears.

 "No...Not at all, I just feel bad about Nate" I said truthfully wiping tears away from my eyes. 

 "Well don't he was an idiot, he knew you wanted it to be special, what was he thinking getting so drunk" she spoke as she moved around the room looking for something. Finally she seemed to find it and brought over a large box of tissues, making me laugh.

 "Thanks Jame' you really are my best friend" I said through tears hugging her again. 

(...)

I finally got dressed, pulling on dark denim shorts and a maroon hoodie along with my converse. I wasn't in any mood to look good for Nate, all I wanted was Rick, and the chance to replay last night over and over again. I slowly walked downstairs and noticed Nate sitting on the counter in the kitchen. His eyes met mine and he smiled as he hopped off and walked over to. I bit my lip and hugged him back, his warm aroma filling me with sadness, How could I have been so cruel to him? I thought as he took my hand and gently pulled me into the kitchen, where lo and behold, Rick stood looking out of sorts.