Four

"School starts soon," Harry said after checking the time. It had been almost a month since the two boys had their holiday with their families to California, and unfortunately for Louis' want of more sleep he had already had to start the routine of getting up early, getting dressed, eating, and kissing Harry goodbye before leaving for hours on end. Meanwhile Harry was off at the bakery he worked at, helping Barbara, the nice woman who ran the place and gave him the job of manager due to her old age.

Louis grunted, not liking the thought of having to go back to school to learn shit, because the only thing he liked about it was the fact that he was on the football team. But he wanted to be a drama teacher, and to do that he had to get his degree.

"Guessing you don't want to go," the younger boy chuckled, taking a seat next to Louis at the counter and looking to the side at him.

Louis shrugged, "I don't know. I guess. I just don't like the whole learning part," he joked, "I'm excited for football though!" he raised his eyebrows.

"And I'm excited to see you play," Harry grinned, his hand coming up to rest on top of Louis'.

Louis smiled lovingly at the gesture, "I asked and coach said you could stand on the sidelines with the team when we play," he told his boyfriend, a proud look on his face. "I know it's not a big thing since they aren't the best team out there but a couple of us are playing as guests with the Donny Rovers and I'm gonna be one of them!"

Harry gasped, instantly hugging Louis, "No no no it is a big deal! You've always wanted to play with them!" he pulled back, grinning at the blue eyed boy, "any accomplishments you make are a big deal," the curly haired boy shrugged sheepishly, "at least to me they are," he mumbled, though loud enough for Louis to hear it.

"Thank you love," he sighed after hugging his Harry one last time.

❊ ❊ ❊ ❊

Louis had already left, and therefore Harry did too. Though instead of going into the bakery he called in sick, and decided to take a drive down to visit Jay and the girls. She knew he was coming of course.

The drive wasn't long, about forty minutes since the traffic wasn't bad and the roads were mostly clear due to kids at school and parents at work.

Once he finally got there he was nervous. He usually wouldn't be, but because of what he was there for it made him shaky.

"Harry!" Jay smiled, "so nice to see you," she gushed, taking him in with a hug. He sighed and hugged the woman back, a smile making it's way to his face. "I haven't seen you two boys since we got back. Anything new or no?" she asked, turning her attention back to making a sandwich.

"Uh well Louis' got a football match coming up. He's playing as a guest with the rovers. He was excited about that," he told her.

Jay nodded, "And what about you?"

He got nervous again.

Harry nodded, fumbling with his fingers as he tried to get words out of his mouth properly. "I-I uh uhm w-well, cause erm, Louis and I uh, we. I uhm I was-"

"Harry you can tell me anything. Don't be nervous, I'm good at keeping secrets," she told him, stopping her work to come over to him and stand across from him. Jay sat down at the table, Harry following suit.

He sighed, and spoke lowly, "I want to propose to Louis," he said quickly, his cheeks blushing.

Jay's eyes widened, and she then suddenly gasped, placing a hand on her mouth, "Oh my god!" she exclaimed before lowering her voice, "oh gosh I'm so happy, oh Harry!" she cooed, bringing him in for another hug as her eyes teared up.

Harry hugged back thankfully, "O-Okay? Yeah?"

"Yes yes," she chuckled, "you're such a wonderful young man. I would be grateful to have you marry my son," she beamed at him.

Harry hugged her once more, "Thank you so much," he breathed, "I just... it's been three years and I know that isn't as long as some people would tell me to wait and I know that I'm only nineteen but I really really love him and he loves me too. And I know it sounds really cheesy but he literally saved my life. I-I couldn't live without him," he paused, "a little while ago, maybe a month, Louis asked where I saw myself in the future. Just as a random question, but I said I don't know and he told me he saw us married eventually with a family. I-I know a family would be too soon but I don't think marriage is. I-I just want to make him officially mine," Harry's cheeks were bright red of admiration, with a shy smile on his face.

"Oh that's absolutely wonderful, Harry," Jay cooed, "how are you doing it? Or have you not gotten that far yet?"

He bit his lip embarrassedly, "Uh, no, I don't know. W-Well I mean, I know how to do it but I don't know how I want to do it. It has to be special for him," he explained, playing with his fingers, "so when he told me about the game with the Doncaster Rovers I thought of how he had always wanted to play with them and how it would be such an amazing game and such, and that maybe if I uhm did it there then he would uh like it even more."

Jay obviously liked the idea, seeing as she was grinning, "That sounds fantastic!" She nodded, and bit her lip in thought. "Uhm, how long has this been thought over by you? Or is it just something you just thought of recently?" she asked him.

The boy shrugged, "I mean, I had been thinking about it for a couple months maybe. Probably a month before we all went on holiday together. You're the first one that I've actually talked to though, besides my mum, about it," he finished.

"Hi, Harry," Fizzy suddenly popped up in the kitchen, smiling at the two.

"Hi, Fiz," Harry smiled at her, and then grinned wider when the twins burst into the room as well.

"Harry!" Daisy squealed, jumping up to hug the tall lad, who bent down to hug both girls.

All attention was drawn back to Harry when Phoebe gasped, "Come play with us!" She beamed up at him, "we're playing wii."

"No, girls, Harry has something to do," then Lottie suddenly came in and pulled the boy right out into the hall, "you're marrying my brother?" she whispered.

Harry's eyes grew wide, "H-How did you find out? I only-"

"I eavesdropped. Sorry, didn't mean to but I was about to go into the kitchen right when mum said 'marrying my son' so I listened in," she explained sheepishly, "but are you? Are you gonna propose to Louis? Or did he already propose to you. No, he probably didn't, he would've told us first," she rambled on.

"Yeah," Harry mumbled, "but you can't tell anyone, not even Fizzy."

"I wouldn't dare tell anyone," she snorted, "sorry again for eavesdropping," she grinned, and lightly pranced off into her room. Obviously happy by the news.

Harry could still hear the twins calling to him to play wii with them, so he chuckled, and shook his head slightly, jointing the girls again.

-

10 reads for an update