How to Write Friends to Lovers

Hello everyone! I absolutely love friends to lovers, but only when it's written right... Shockingly, I feel like enemies to lovers can be compared to friends to lovers. When friends start to develop feelings for each other, they aren't going to lake it; enemies to lovers also.

My favorite thing about friends to lovers would be the chemistry that they already have. Usually friends to lovers is when they've known each other since they were young. Whether it's because their parents are best friends or they just met when they were young!

Let's get started with the tips. Sorry if they aren't the best, I'm very new to this!

1. Make things awkward, but not overly awkward. Even though you might not enjoy writing these cringe worthy moments, do it! It's realistic! They're so used to having more of a brother/sister relationship, but now they're starting to develop feelings beyond "just friends." Ask me more about this if you'd like. 

2. The constant teasing is probably my favorite thing (often in enemies to lovers), but friends to lovers teasing is more joking and playful rather than hate. They will never miss a beat when they're teasing one another because they already know so much about each other and how to push their buttons. Don't be shy to ask me for a little more clarification.

3. Subtle changes in their relationship need to happen. Obviously, they'll never admit the changes because 1) they're embarrassed. 2) they actually don't see any change. Or 3) they don't like the changes. Tell me if you have more ideas for this one.

Since I got those three done, now I'm going to give a few smaller things you can do.

1. Late night talks over the phone or in person when they can't sleep.

2. Hang out more often apart from the friend group.

3. Brushing against each other (hands, shoulders, arms etc.) Or wanting hugs more often.

4. Winking from across the room.

5. Look for more hobbies they have in common.

6. I absolutely love nicknames from inside jokes. Of course, you'll have to explain the joke and how they got the nickname.

7. They get jealous when one of them is around someone else that clearly likes them.

8. All their friends can see it.

9. Always want to sit next to each other.

10. Going to one another when they need help.

11. Share secrets no one else knows about.

12. Always trying to get on each other's nerves.

Sorry if some of these tips are garbage. Requests are open, so please, don't be shy!