02: The Stealing Case

"Oh my goodness, did you know that I almost can't come to school today because of the incident last night? It was a total mess, seriously."

"Really? I thought it wasn't true? Mom told me to be careful because there are lots of murder cases happening in our place."

"Half of the school almost got burnt! I bet that girl from the class got high up again and played with fire." Laughter filled the corridor of the school when students walked in with their topics.

"She's really a mess! They should place her in a ward! She's sick, I know it!"

The class were giving rise to mockery with their gossips once again while stepping around the school corridor. What do people expect? Everybody was speaking about the occurrence that had arisen last night which was truly outrageous.

Cassinfield Academy is composed of two main campuses, and unfortunately, the main campus 1 was attacked and the smoke induced by a drastic flame was in the atmosphere and is yet visible.

Last evening there was total havoc in the school area, barely half of the academy got scorched by an enormous fire. Good thing, the students who attended the evening lectures were not injured at all—almost. None was suspicious at that moment. However, the founders agreed to cancel the class and let the students transfer to the main campus 2.

Everybody was at their classes, so the authority investigators were clueless. They had the CCTV checked and there is none to be found. However, the students seem incredibly confident of the person who has a motive to have done such unpleasant stuff. If you eyed her, it is decidedly unusual for her to make a fire at the campus. She appears to be weak, and always silent, but the other students were accusing her whenever something disastrous went on.

Silently strolling down the aisle, alone. Astrid Hawthorne snapped back at the stares. Several of the students were making fun of her, glares observing her actions. In every action she takes, it's all counted! They despise the way she is, mumbles have begun to be summoned everywhere. She remained silent but a grin was about to develop on her lips.

Ever since she transferred to Cassinfield Academy—chaos, rumors, and dangers began to arise.

"Everyone, look at her!" Someone yelled behind her, but as usual, she didn't reveal any care.

She proceeded to walk until she reached their classroom. The class was loud, every student was doing their business. Everyone is in chaos. Laughter, gossip, and shouts could be heard from the four corners of the room. Some of the class were running and some chose to have their seat and read books.

She stepped towards her row and settled on her chair. But unluckily someone spoke, it is her seatmate who constantly hangs around her side. "Hi, Astrid, a blessed morning to you, what happened to your face?"

"Why am I seeing bruises on your cheek?" Her stares traveled on Astrid's face and her eyes rounded, "Look, you got another one near your lips. God is seeing this! Did you get into a fight?" She overreacted.

A girl beside her with a bubbly smile—Mace Leo, examined her. She looked so worried upon seeing the wounds on Astrid's face, she suddenly freaked out when she saw other bruises on the neck. It seems swollen, there were scratches on her arms as well.

"Oh my goodness, Astrid! What happened to you? Those wounds are terribly swollen!" She thought and even tried touching them. The class glanced at them in the back, and she winced as if she was the one who felt hurt.

"Who did this to you? Did someone attack you? You did this to yourself, didn't you?" Her eyes were wide open while staring at the young lady's countenance, she already knew that Astrid Hawthorne is suicidal.