06. Come, Have A Coffee

"Hey, could you please tell me what's wrong? I mean, you don't look good since we got off from the hotel. You're not talking with me and I wanna know why because it's making me uncomfortable."

It's noontime yet the climate produces a mist that eventually has its way to downpour towards the earth. It's making the atmosphere even colder. The two had their way to have their lunch, they'll be staying overnight at the hotel and Kendall Von desires to visit the mansion. Unfortunately, her companion, Hugh Turner disagrees. He wants to have a moment with her and being her assistant has been one of the best things which recently happened in his life.

"Von, come on." Kendall shrugged off and faced her pal with a serious countenance.

"What?" She replied and gazed at him. He feels uneasy, he doesn't want her to get mad at him so he wants to catch up.

"Look, I'm sorry if I offended you. I know my behavior wasn't appropriate for you and I wanna make things up." Hugh uttered which eventually made Kendall smile.

"Don't repeat that again or else, you'll be lying on the ground lifeless. So, what now? Where would you like to go? We've been walking for almost a minute." She said which made him stare at her countenance. He wants to figure out her reaction, he seems puzzled if she is even serious.

"Would you like to have a coffee with me, then?" Hugh suggested.

That made Kendall pause for a while. She was thinking of something even better but she also thought that it's a nice idea since the outpouring of the rain creates a frosty mood that coats her entire being.

"Do you know some coffee shops here? I am not familiar with this place, Castrill has been a mystery to me." She spoke which made him look at her.

"You never visited this place?" He asked and she frowned.

"I told you I never got here." She replied and rolled her eyes at him, her responses describing her mood.

"I think the Esme Cafe is not so far from here." He whispered, he took his phone from his pocket and checked the map. A smile beams on his edges when he discovers it's near their location.

"Let's go, let's visit my favorite Cafe, you'd love it there." Her eyes widened out of surprise when he held her hands and walked ahead, they crossed the street and Kendall's chest was beating so fast as if she was chased.

She couldn't react. The fact that he is constantly commencing the same scenario when they are always together recently distracts her mind. She's confused.

When they arrived at the said Cafe, they were amazed by how it looks so elegant yet cute. It is so pleasing in the eyes because of its neat arrangement. "Whoa," Kendall was astonished as to how good the Cafe is, while Hugh felt proud of himself because of the idea of bringing her to the place.

Before she could even utter any phrase, he held her hands once again and they both entered the entrance of the bistro. Aesthetic items and stickers were plastered on the glass wall and the atmosphere was very calming.

They headed their way to the counter and had a nice seat. "What would you like to order?" Hugh Turner asked his companion, he took the Cafe menu and scanned the lists.

"Let me see what's best to eat and drink."

While they were selecting their orders, a lady with a mint green apron reached the counter and her pearly blonde hair was braided which made her look stunning. Her cerulean irises beam at them and she let out an alluring smile. "Hi, good day! May I take your order?"

Her impressive appearance caught the attention of Hugh Turner, he couldn't focus on the menu as his stares were traveling to the lady's countenance. His behavior diverts Kendall's interest as well. "Where are you looking, dumbass? Focus on the menu!" Kendall hissed at her assistant, annoyance could be expressed on her face as she glared at him. But Hugh let out a chuckle and winked at her.