Chapter 9

Michaels P.O.V

I told Luke and Calum everything. About Grace that is. About how i wanted to go and see her in New York, and i about how much i wanted to hold her.

At first they looked at me as if i was mental. However they turned out to be massive softies and started offering money and asking weather they could come too.

"Look Grace and i aren't together or anything so it wouldn't be awkward!" I explained to Luke what might happen. He never really liked big crowds and talking to people. He was so shy its unreal.

"Yo Cal wanna go get food?" Calum frantically nodded his head and followed Luke to the schools cafe. As soon as they had gone my phone started to buzz.

Grace: im sorry for being a pain but can we please talk. And im sorry for the baf spelling im finding it hard to type.

The time wasn't showing up on her messages, and the first line scared me.

Michael: would you like me to give to my number so it'll be easier for u to talk? 

It took her a while to reply. she had read the message but i got even more worried when she wasn't replying.

Grace: ok.

With that i sent her my number and waited for her to call me. I hadn't heard her voice and for some reason i was kind of scared. My phone started to buzz in the palm of my pale hand. I answered and held the phone up to my ear while waiting for a greeting, but i heard sniffling and crying.

Grace's P.O.V

I knew this would happen. I call him and ruin everything with my personality. My silent, lonely, awkward self got in the way of all my friendships. 

"hey is anyone there?" a deep voice asked. His voice was gentle and calming. Obviously it didn't make me feel any happier, but it did calm me down.
"yup, this...this is Grace." i replied trying not to make my crying so obvious. Unfortunately it had come to the point when you cry so hard you can't breathe.
"this is Michael, and you have a cute accent." i felt my cheeks starting to burn up.
"sadly, I'm not the one with the cute accent." i tried to whisper as i remembered it was 12:30am for me and probably 12:30pm for him. "anywayssss, hows your day going?" i asked trying to make the conversation more lively and less silent.
"it's been good. I told my two friends Luke and Calum about you, but I'm mainly just worried about you." his last words weren't as clear as others, and for some reason he sounded like he really wished that i didn't hear the ending.
"please don't worry about me i'm fine, i just wanted to talk to you and I'm glad i did." i started to smile through the phone.

The more and more i spoke to him the happier i became. I realised that Michael had made me incredibly happy and i didn't know how. I missed feeling the way i did at that moment in time, and very soon i craved him. I needed to hear his sweet laugh in real life. I need to feel the kind aroma of his presence. Every part of me wanted to take the next plane to Austrailia and just hug him to death. That's when i realised.

That's when i fucking understood everything i felt.

The moment the line died and i was at silence with my thoughts once again.

Everything became clearer.

I was in love.

And i hated it.