Chapter 6

Graces P.O.V
A week has gone by without my dad. I haven't been at school since what happened, and my mum hasn't left dads study. A few days ago I made the mistake of comforting her, and it ended up with her threatening to kick me out the house.

So far there have been 5 of my brothers friends knocking on the door. They were all worried about him, and I hated that i had to explain everything. I remember one of them burst into tears in front of me, then ran out of the house. Even though they didnt all cry, they all cared.

I envied my brother. Always have. He was so likeable and kind. Everybody loved him, especially my parents. He was a straight 'A' student and won countless awards. The part that hurt the most, was that he didn't think I was good enough either. When we started high school he refused to tell anyone I was his sister. Now after everything, I still ask myself what he would do.

The last time I spoke to Michael was yesterday, and I was really harsh. A part of me wants to apologize, but another tells me that he is forgiving. After laying down how I felt for good 3 hours. I called him an ass hole and I feel really guilty. If I were to text him again then I don't know how he would react. This is another reason why I don't have friends. I push people away without knowing. I push away good people, people that don't deserve my stubbornness.

My hands were shaking as I reached for my phone. I spent around 10 minutes typing and deleting different apologies to Michael. They were either too cheesy or not apologetic enough.

11:56am
Grace: hi i don't usually do this because I haven't got many friends, I haven't got any actually but that's not the point. I think I owe you an apology for what I said. It wasn't fair either, you were really nice to me. You make me feel happy and I haven't in a long time. So thanks. :)

Without thinking i hit send then turned off my phone.

I concentrated on the view from my window. The sky started to get darker later. As I looked closely I could see the shades of blue get darker gradually. The light from the sun was no longer as bright and happy. The darker the sky got, the more it portrayed how I felt. One moment a ball of happiness and light brought into this world by two responsible adults, then a depressing fat child with nothing but darkness in their mind.

My thoughts were rudely interrupted by the faint vibrating from my phone. Peering at my messages I had finally realised something. I wasn't alone.

12:00pm
Michael: hey you don't need to apologize! You were in a bad place. Im not sure why but you were. I'll be here if you need to talk. and I get called and asshole really often, I don't care. =^.^=

12:02pm
Grace: thank you really, for everything. We might have probably only been talking for a week but I like you. Your nice and I've never had a nice friend. :3

12:05pm
Michael: you know what, I like you too. I don't give a damn that we've only been talking for a really really short time. I feel comfortable talking to you. Your like my best internet friend. :D x

I re-read the message over and over again. My heart skipped a beat when I noticed the innocent yet effective 'x' on the end.

12:07pm
Grace: your really cool. And your my best internet friend too. Basically just the only friendship i have. XD x

12:10pm
Michael: I wanna get to know you. Tell me about yourself. What you look like your personality? x

12:12pm
Grace: okay but if I do it you have to aswell. Deal? x

12:14pm
Michael: Deal. x

---------- --------- --------- ---------- --------- -----
A/N: this is turning out to be a really shitty story OMF sorry. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HAS VOTED FOR THIS IDK WHY YOU DID BUT THANK YOU