chapter 3

A/N: so like i dont get many views and idc, but if you do read these stories, whats your fav band? Just curious, i wanna get to know you guys, have an okay day :) 

I had finally arrived at the hospital. sweat was running down my back, i dont remember ever stopping. My legs were sore and shaky, but i limped over to the desk with all of my strength.

"d-do you know w-where Eric Parish i-is?" my throat was sore and i couldnt speak.

"yes sweetie, upstairs in room 11" she smiled and went back to her computer.

i absoloutly detested hospitals. The fact that, there was a lot of sick people in one building was never sesible to me. Sometimes you could smell their pain, and if your unlucky, maybe even see it.

The long white corridor seemed to continue forever, but i eventually found room 11. The small square window was closed up. They usually never did that. I pressed my ear up against the door and hoped to hear; beep. beep. beep. beep. i couldnt hear anything. The door was too thick. My mind was soon overflowing with questions i didnt have he asnwer to. Before i knew it i was barging throught the door, hoping to see a mum, dad and an okay brother. 

I did not see what i hoped i would. My mum had her head on his stomach and she was sobbing, the tears soaking through the sheets. My dad was gazing out the window trying not to cry. And i did not hear: beep. beep. beep. i heard: beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Suddenly a swarm of doctors came running into the room. My mum was practically thrown off her seat. The mascara running down her face stained her crisp white collar. I couldnt see what was happening. All i heard were doctors yelling to try harder, but the sound from the moniter stayed the same. Soon when the doctors realised they couldnt do anything more, there was complete silence in the room. My dad was crying and wasnt bothered about people seeing anymore. My mum was crying on my shoulder, gasping for air every 10 seconds. Then there was me, silent and broken. I couldn't cry because i didnt know what to feel. My emotions were everywhere, i was angry and frustrated and i knew this would tear my family apart.

We all climbed into my dads car and the silence was starting to get uncomfortable.

"what really happened? you never told me." i asked. somehow it felt like an innapropriate question, like i should never have asked it. But i have a right to know. 

"we'll talk about this tomorrow Grace." my dad had a studdery frustrated voice, as if hes stopped crying but still crying inside.

At that very moment my phone started to ring. It was my Auntie. She was about the only friend that i had, and even though it was the wrong time, i needed to talk to someone who wasnt sitting in a silent car. 

"hey." i greeted.

"hey i heard." not only now was there silence in the car, there was also silence over the phone. 

"look i know what its like. i felt the same when my dad died. so im going to give you osme advice but your parents might not be too happy about it."

"i'll do anything right now to stop feeling like this." 

"well there are these websites you can go on and find people to talk to annonymously about how you feel. or you could go onto your social networking and make an internet friend?" My aunt was suggesting things i already knew of. i had had a few internet friends in the past but we never spoke about feelings.

"you dont need to do this but the choice is yours. i have to go now but i love you stay happy." she hung up. My phone then buzzed with messages from her. They were all links to the websites she was talking about, and i stared at them all the way home.