Chapter 7

Princes Oron and Nico stared with their mouths hanging open as Kara rushed down the path going forward. The one which wasn't the correct answer.

"Kara, that's not the right way!" Nico screamed after a second in which he processed the fact that Kara ran in the wrong direction.

Kara didn't stop and turn around to go back to where they were, she didn't even hesitate for a moment at Nico calling her as she continued to run in the direction going straight.

Kara ran and ran, desperately looking for the person that was in danger. Desperately wanting to help. In any way she could.

Nico and Oron shared a panicked look before they ran after Kara, none-stop yelling to try and get her attention.

"Kara, that's the wrong way, what is the matter?" Nico screamed as he and Oron ran off to follow their resident rookie down the incorrect path.

After a minute of running, Kara arrived at what she knew was the source of her worry.

She was in a room. The only lights were a few torches here and there and the light from the fires at each end was nothing if not dim. She squinted her eyes trying to make out the scene in front of her.

There was a girl, about her age with long blonde hair and baby blue eyes, fighting four or five monsters at once. Each monster had sharp claws and tiny eyes.

The girl had a steady stream of blood flowing down her side but she seemed uninterested in it as she continued to fight.

Kara could hear the boys getting closer, their shouts telling her she went the wrong way getting louder but she wanted to help so badly, she ignored them once more and ran to the girl.

In all honesty, she had no idea what she was going to do but she ran there anyway, she was just that desperate to help the girl.

When she reached her self-proclaimed destination she mumbled a 'high' to the girl and stared at the monsters.

The girl shot Kara an angry glare before throwing three daggers at the only three monsters that were still alive, effectively killing them where they stood.

And after this, she seemingly summoned a knife out of thin air and shoved Kara to a wall next to her, placing her knife near Kara's head and kicking Kara's blade to the other side of the room-like place.

Kara stuttered.

"What?!" she asked, confused.

However, Kara was shut up by the girl pressing the knife closer to her neck.

"You are either a very dumb Sky user or a looking to die Fire or Sea user," the girl said, venom in her voice.

Kara let out a confused, "Huh?"

"Well, which is it?"

"Which what?"

The girl shot her another glare.

"Wow, there," a voice Kara recognized to be Nico's called. The girl summoned another knife and was about to throw it in Nico's way until...

"Princes of Fire and Sea?" she said causing Nico and Oron to nod.

The girl did not let go of the knife she held to Kara's throat. However, much to Kara's bewilderment, whilst she stood and watched the event unfold, she fell into a polite curtsy whilst Nico and Oron bowed.

The three of them watched each other.

"What brings you two to the Maze?" the girl asked the princes.

"Her, actually," Oron replied making the mystery girl raise a brow.