Nightmares

Y/ns pov

After school I went home. I was in the middle of studying when my phone buzzed.

___________________________________
Lizzie💞
Hey sweetheart
its lizzie xx

Y/n🥵
Hey im guessing you
put your number in
my phone while I was
sleeping last night xx

Lizzie💞
You got me.
I didn't appreciate
what u did in class
today xx

Y/n🥵
Sorry my love i
just wanted u to
put my boredness
to use xx             
Read at 10.57pm
___________________________________

That was just before she face timed me and we stayed on call all night.

I woke up and I was in class but lizzie wasn't there...it was my biology teacher from high-school...and all my high-school friends...and my brother...

We were doing an experiment when a textbook lit on fire.

That fire then spread to many tables and other textbooks. "Shit" I heard the teacher say as the whole classroom lit up and students rushed out.

I got held back a bit as I was the slowest and smallest in the group. I could feel the fire creeping closer to me as I tried to run.

I felt a hand grab me and push me through the schools exit. That hand belonged to my brother.

As the school exploded in flames I started shouting.

"AUSTIN...AUSTIN Y/L/N GET YOUR ASS HERE...austin?..." that's when the got to me and I felt a burning sensation around my waist.

That was when I woke up and the burning sensation turned to two arms around my waist and a comforting voice. I looked towards my phone to see it had ran out. Lizzie was layed hugging me as tight as possible as I got out of my post-nightmare state.

After a while I managed to form a sentence.

"W..what time is it...a..and why are you here?..."

Lizzie smiled and hugged me tighter. " you fell asleep and started having a nightmare so I got here as fast as I could....its 3.25am...."

I turned so I was facing her and buried my head in her neck. As soon as I closed my eyes I was met with the roasted corpse of my dead brother. I quickly opened my eyes again as my breathing quickened. "Your alright sweetheart...im here"

I smiled as I looked up at her face. There was no way I could sleep now. "My love, can we do something else?" I questioned tugging at the strings on her hoodie as she smirked and started kissing me. A kiss which soon turned more passionate.

Lizzies pov

I started working on y/ns neck. I was lifting up her shirt when I spotted a large scar trailing from one side of her waist to the other.

"Whats that?" I questioned whilst running my knuckle down from her chest and back up again. She hesitated for a bit before speaking.

" when I was 18 I lived in utah with my brother and mom. We were doing a practical in science and a bunson burner was knocked over and lit up the whole classroom" it was at this point she started crying again. " Austin, my big brother saved me...he pushed me out the building before the school exploded the first time.."

"The first time?" I looked into her grief filled eyes as she spoke up again.

"I was inside looking for austin and when I found him...h..he..." she went quiet. "It exploded again and I fell into a wooden post" she motioned to the scar. "Every time I sleep...I either get nightmares of the incident or...see austins charred up body."

We spoke for a bit about how her mother turned to alcohol after austins death and how y/n was blamed. It took a bit of comforting to get her to go back to sleep.

A/n -
Next part ima do a time skip so (in scar from lion Kings words) be prepared 😌