ʟᴏᴠᴇ

(𝐀/𝐍: 𝐌𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐲. 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞.)

__________________________________

Such a feeling that could make you feel over the moon with the littlest things, at the same time the stomach-churning, heart-wrenching pain it can bring upon, could wreak such havoc in any individual.

You could not believe, that you were actually feeling jealous.

You felt its grubby hands wrap themselves around your neck as you gasp for air, such a strong emotion that would make you want to snap. You didn't wanna feel this way she wasn't yours, but human emotion is something you could not control. Just imagining Maki with someone else makes your skin crawl.

You couldn't fall asleep, though you were physically exhausted, could barely move a muscle, your mind never got tired of running back to Maki. You couldn't fall asleep, not like this, not when you're not on talking terms with Maki, not when you're not close to her.

This wasn't the first time she acted like this – You started to remember the first time you saw Maki again after the whole Zenin massacre, she couldn't even look you in the eyes, she probably feared that you would be repulsed by her actions, the mental toll it took on her must've been hard, she couldn't lose you, not after she lost her sister, Mai.

Similarly to now, she would not meet your gaze. Knowing her, something must've happened again, whatever doubt she has in her head you want it to dissipate, you want it to disappear, you want to help her, the problem is she's avoiding you, and so you wonder.

'Am I the problem?'

You wonder what you could've done to make her avoid you, was joining them a bad decision? Not only would you potentially lose your job, but you might also be losing Maki at this point, or were you losing Maki all along? Maybe you lost her the minute you prioritize your job over your personal life. After all, you lost touch with a lot of your friends, because of your job, Maki seemed to have been a lot more understanding.

Though you are physically tired, your mind was restless. You couldn't sleep, not when you're not on good terms with Maki. Even as you try to fall asleep, you find yourself waking up every minute to find that it's still pitch dark outside. Your mind drowned in thoughts of Maki, you didn't even realize the passage of time, twelve turned into three, you blink and it's already six in the morning. You couldn't fall asleep properly, tossing and turning in bed isn't the best thing you could do with your time, so you decided to get ready for the day and prepare some breakfast for everyone.

You felt like you didn't have enough energy to go through the day; in days like these you rely on caffeine for energy, but even the strongest coffee won't erase the pounding of your head and the dark crescent marks forming under your eyes, but at least you don't have to go through the day dealing with heavy eyelids.

Walking into the kitchen you find an equally unenergized Nobara already brewing a cup of coffee for herself.

"Good morning (Y/N)..." The usually high-spirited girl groaned, the spunk in her words nowhere to be seen.

You were quite surprised by her current state, as you usually see her hyping up the room. It was enough to jolt you awake.

"Yikes! Looks like you're not really having a particularly "Good" morning Nobara," You commented, "What happened?" You asked, even though your condition is not that different from hers. She then started to rant about her bad night, throwing a couple of profanities here and there, when she was finally able to calm down when she took a sip of her coffee.