ᴢᴇɴɪɴ ᴛᴡɪɴs ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ᴇxᴛʀᴀ

You had saved up some money from Christmas to New years, until now for this, and now all you have to do is to execute your plan well.

Maki doesn't like big crowds, and on top of that, she doesn't really like to celebrate her birthdays, since she's always so busy - as a matter of fact, she has never really celebrated her birthday ever since she was little because of her family situation.

That's why you planned meticulously for this surprise; you made sure it would only be the two of you - Well sort of because you invited her sister Mai over to her apartment, it's her birthday too after all; Maki dislikes any kind of unnecessary parties like that, but this isn't a party right?

You're still unsure if she wouldn't like it but you thought it would be nice to show that you care.

"Hey Mai!" You opened the door to Maki's apartment.

"Sup, loser!" She said entering the door. "How'd you even get in here?" She asked in a sarcastic tone, acting like she didn't care if you answered her or not, though you know she was actually curious.

"Maki gave me a spare key."

"Figures" She mumbles. "Any way where's my stupid sister?"

"She's still at work."

"Then why are we in her apartment!?"

"To surprise her." You said, checking your phone for the time.

"You'll surprise her but not me? Hey! It's my birthday too, (Y/N)" She slung her arm around your shoulders, smirking.

"You wouldn't have come if I didn't tell you what it was for, heck I was surprised you even looked at my text messages." That wiped the smirk off of her face because she knew you were right, maybe she should actually be more friendly with you.

"Whatever!" She plopped herself down on Maki's couch, crossing her arms.

You rolled your eyes. "Don't be so grumpy Mai, besides there's gonna be junk food."

The main reason why Mai even went over, was because you told her there was gonna be junk food and you're gonna pay for it. How can she pass up the offer of free junk food!?

________

Finally, you receive a phone call from Maki. She would you usually call you, first thing after she got off work. You haven't mentioned to her that you knew it was her birthday, not yet, it would ruin your surprise.

"Hey (Y/N)!"

"Hey, Maki! Make sure to call me once you're in your apartment building ok?"

"Oh, sure. What for?"

"Please? I just want to make sure you get home safe." Maki has never said no to you, even if it's the smallest request.

"Ok."

"Alright! See you!" You hang up the phone.

"See you!" Mai repeated mockingly. "Idiot! Now she knows!"

"Ah! Crap!" It slipped. You were so excited to see her that you forgot that you weren't supposed to give her any clues about the surprise. How were you so love-struck?

"Ugh! You're on your own." Mai said stuffing her mouth with pizza.

Hoping that little slip-up won't ruin the whole surprise, you anxiously waited for Maki to call.

_________

It's been fifteen minutes and she hasn't called; She should be here by now.

The door suddenly opened, and Maki was on the other side.

Your plan collapsed right then and there.

"Maki!" You exclaim. "H-happy birthday!" You stuttered. That came out more awkward than you meant to.

She was holding a gift in her hand. "Hey Mai! Happy birthday!" She said handing her the gift. "Call me onee-chan, little sister," Maki smirks.

Mai rolled her eyes. "Happy birthday idiot." Mai greeted her sister.

"Hey (Y/N)." Maki greeted softly, hugging you.

"Hey..." You greeted back.

"Thanks for the surprise." She whispered in your ear, and then she winked as she pull back from the hug.

"Wow! Look at all this junk food!" Maki exclaimed practically drooling.

"You must be tired." You took her coat from her, hanging it in the coat rack.

"Get a room you two!" Mai grumbled in the background, while Maki just laughed.

_____

You three had dinner and talked for a while until Mai had already left.

"Are you sure, you're going home? It's cold outside, not to mention it's almost midnight." Maki said trying not to make it obvious that she wants you to stay at her place. She's not the type to say that out loud, even if it's her birthday. She doesn't wanna be labeled as clingy.

"I can manage." You insisted. "By the way, I got you a gift, it's placed-"

Before you could finished, you were surprised to find Maki's lips on yours, this made you jump a little and let out a moan. You closed your eyes and kissed her back.

You were somehow pinned to the door, without your knowledge as your kiss was deep, taking your breath away, then she pulled back.

"I'd prefer if you were my birthday gift." She whispered in your ear, her warm breath brushing over your sensitive skin, while her hands rub the sides of your waist.

You suddenly realize something about the situation, which made you laugh. Maki looked at you in confusion.

"What?"

You try to calm yourself down from laughing. "Sorry, Maki." You sigh, finally able to calm down. "Is this your way of saying 'please don't go'?" You say in a slightly teasing manner.

She buried her face on the crook of your neck. "So what if it is?" Maki says, her voice muffled. This made you laugh even harder until tears started rolling down your cheeks.

"Maki~ You should have said so~" You cooed, while Maki tightens her grip on your hug.

"Please, stay..." She pleaded, voice still muffled.

You smirk as you have never seen Maki like this before. If it were normal circumstances you could've thought she was drunk, but you knew she wasn't, so now you attempt to tease her.

"Does the kiss mean, your my girlfriend? Cuz if it is, I'll-"

She cuts you off by kissing you again. "Yes, I'm your girlfriend now, so just stay!" She said demandingly.

You two ended up cuddling in her bed until both of you fell asleep. You were content with how you celebrated her birthday, because even though your surprise for her wasn't a total success, at least now you were in the arms of your amazing girlfriend.

_________________________________

(𝐀/𝐍: 𝐖𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐢'𝐬 (𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐢'𝐬) 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲. 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚 𝐬𝐨...🏃‍♀️

𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐙𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬!

𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐀𝐒𝐀𝐏

𝐁𝐓𝐖 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤. 𝐁𝐘𝐄!)