𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 : San Fernandino

'' So this is it, ladies. We're home! '' 

Hearing my father's voice, I slowly opened up my eyes, yawning. The trip from New York to Los Angeles has been exhausting. It took us two whole days of driving, but we've finally made it to the west coast.

My parents got out of the car, excited to settle in in our new house. I followed them outside, giving a quick look around. The sun was shinning bright. Summers in the city were warm, but humid and wet - hell, it was even worst in August! But here,  it was hot and the air was dry... I wouldn't have lit up a match, to say it.  The contrast between the green grass of the properties around and the dry - almost looking dead - grass of the sidewalk was making those riche houses an even more opulent look.

My eyes continued to follow down the hill, analyzing the luxurious cars parked in the driveways, the big gates and the perfectly shaped bushes that trailed down the road. I finally turned back, facing our home. Compared to the others of the neighborhood, it looked plain. A cute and spacious Californian-style house, but nothing of a rich-ass mansion with statues at the entrance.

No honking car noises, no police sirens, nothing. It seemed so peaceful, too much peaceful.

My family and I moved to California after my father got promoted to a higher rank in the police. My mom, who's a doctor, has been able to find a job at the West Valley Hospital, so here we are, settling in. They hated the fact that I was going to do my senior year in a new school, so they gave me the choice to stay in New York with my aunt, which I declined; I felt as if I were ready for this new adventure which, in fact, was exciting. Stressful, but exciting.

I sighed.

'' Oh, Rebecca, is everything alright? '' My mom asked. '' I know this house isn't the fanciest on the hill, but the neighborhood is great and we will have much more space of our own than what we used to have back in New York ''

She gave me a comforting hug. She knew that I felt a little overwhelmed, even if moving in California had been planed for months.

'' I know mom it's just so different, nothing around feels the same. '' I said.

'' Come and help us unpack the car, then. Maybe you'll feel better when you'll have clothes everywhere on your bedroom's floor '' she smirked, giving me that mom look.

I took a box and followed her inside, where my dad had already finished his inspection of the house. He was happy and satisfied.

'' Everything seems to be in order! I'll might have to give a little refresh at the backyard garden though '' he said. '' You won't like the floral arrangements '' he began to laugh and my mom raised a brow, which made me laugh too.

Flowers were his thing, not my mom's, but my dad always acted as if it was her's to shake her nerves.

I smiled as I took my box to my bedroom. 

The room was spacious and luminous. Most of our funitures had already arrived, I just had to add the few personal items I kept with me. I put the box on the floor and layed on my bed, completely tired. The sun shinning trough the window was gently kissing my face and even if it was only 5pm, I felt in a deep sleep.

-

First chapteeeer done yay! I know it's slow, but I want to make it different from the others fanfic I've read on Johnny (like I feel it went too fast in The Karate Kid and so does many of fanfics)
And I really wanted to introduce and settle the characters so ya here you go

Hope you enjoyed xx