𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 : Beach Party

'' Becca, where are you going running like that? '' my father asked. It was almost 10am and Ali told me that she would come and pick me up with some friends so we could to go to the beach. I was running around the house, hurrying to get ready.

'' Going to the beach with some friends. Do you know where mom put the sunscreen? Can't find it and I'm gonna be late '' I was desperately trying to finish packing up my stuff. Few things were missing and I was still new to this house. Mom had left to work early this morning so I couldn't count on her to help me.

My father stopped reading his book for a minute, looking at me while thinking.
'' Well it must be in the bathroom, no? '' He said.

I sighed. '' No it's not, I've already checked '' 

I heard a car honk.

'' Ali's here, I gotta go! I'll borrow some of her's '' I gave a quick kiss on his cheek before leaving the house.
I was wearing a neon pink two-pieces swimsuit and a pair of high waisted washed jeans shorts. My straight brown hair was braided on the left side of my head. Black oversized cat eye sunglasses were protecting me from the californian sun.

A white convertible sport car was parked in our driveway. Ali, all smiles, was sitting in the passenger seat next to a brown haired guy who was driving. A girl I didn't know was in the back, looking in a pocket mirror as she was touching up her lipstick. 

'' Hey Becca! '' Ali greeted me. '' Hop in the back with Susan ''
I took a seat next to the girl, Susan. '' I'm Susan '' she smiled at me. She didn't seem as friendly as Ali, but I was guessing she'll get warmer as we'll get to know each other.
'' Rebecca, but call me Becca '' I said and she nodded.

'' Everyone's ready? '' the guy asked.
'' Yeah so come on, Eddie! '' Ali answered for the three of us.

The ride down the beach was nice, we were laughing and singing to the music. As we drove, I let my arm go outside of the car, dreaming, the californian sun kissing my skin, enjoying this last day of vacation.
The car slowed down and turned in a small parking.
'' Thanks for the ride, Eddie. Do you mind to come and take us back home around 8pm ? '' Ali asked

He shooked his head '' We've planned something with the boys tonight ''

Ali gave him a puppy look '' How are we going to do? You said you could take us! ''

'' Yeah I said I could take you girls to the beach, not give you a ride home ''
Ali and Susan seemed unpleased with his answer and I followed them as they began to walk toward the beach.

'' Fine, Ali! We'll come take you '' Eddie finally said before turning up the volume of his music and driving away, leaving a cloud of dust behind.

Susan rolled her eyes '' They're all the same. Now because you've insisted, he's gonna come with the whole band '' she said to Ali.

'' What's the problem with that? At least we'll have our ride back '' I asked, not understanding why it was such a matter to her.

Ali sighed. '' It's complicated. Now, let's talk about something else. It's our last day of summer and I don't want it to be spoilt. ''

We reached a nice spot and decided to settle down. We all sat on a white and blue striped blanket and Ali turned her radio on. We were chatting about our summer, the girls asking me how was life in the Big Apple. Boys came to the conversation and I learnt that Ali had a broke up with his long time boyfriend about a week ago.