𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 : Watch off

The next days went smooth as I didn't have the stress of the first day. Ali, well, Eddie, was now picking me up every morning and gave me a ride back home. I was now part of the group along Susan, Barbara and Ali.

'' Hey Becca, hey Ali with an I '' Daniel came from behind us as we were picking up our lunch at the school's cafeteria. 
'' Hey Daniel with a L '' Ali smiled at him. I felt as the thrid wheel as I didn't understand their joke.
'' I'll go sit, guys '' They barely noticed as I grabbed my plate and walked to our usual table where the rest of the girls were already eating.

I frowned my brows as I saw Ali and I seats had been taken. Johnny and one of his Cobra were flirting with them.
'' Get off, Johnny '' he stopped talking and looked at me, supporting his head with his left hand.
'' You always find your way to be around, do you? '' he was pissing me off.
'' Your sitting at my place '' I said, annoyed. I was standing with my plate in my hands and I just wanted to drop it right on him.
He scoffed. '' Well it used to be mine, Karate girl ''
I raised a brow, knowing exactly what I was going to say to shut his angel mouth.
'' Then don't be suprised if it becomes Daniel's ''
He let out an angry sigh '' Yeah, we'll see, Be-cca '' He insisted on my name before he turned his attention back to Susan and Barbara '' Anyway ladies, party tomorrow night at my place. 9pm '' he gave them a charming wink, making me roll my eyes.
'' Come on, Bobby '' he gestured to the brown haired boy who was sitting to his right to follow him as he put back his headphones and walked away. I scoffed, boys were so childish.

'' Becca why do you always have to act out so cold! You know maybe they were not disturbing us at all  '' she and Barbara exchanged a quick look as she went on '' Please keep it between us ''  She leaned forward, getting closer to me '' Listen, if Ali decided to broke up with him then it's her problem. We are seniors, those boys are the hottest of the Valley, I'm not planning on going to prom with some kind of Danny boy and- ''

She was cut off by a loud noise.

'' Hey watch off, man! '' 
I turned around and saw Daniel laying on the floor, covered of the food he had on his plate. Ali stood beside him, an horrified look on her face. 
'' Bobby, you stupid asshole! '' she said angrily, helping Daniel to stand up.
'' Not my fault if this guy doesn't look where he goes '' he shrugged.
The whole cafeteria was now laughing as Bobby gave a check to Johnny. Daniel ran out of the place, humiliated. An helpless Ali came towards us and sat down. 

We ate in silence. I felt uncomfortable after what Susan had told me earlier and Ali just wasn't in the mood for a small chat.

-

I closed the door of my locker and grabbed my water bottle. First Cheer pratice was about to begin. The girls finally got their nice attitude back which I was glad for.

'' Girls, what about the party tomorrow? I suggest we all get ready together '' Barbara said as we were all heading to the soccer field.
'' I don't know '' I shrugged. '' I guess I'll go if we all go '' 
Parties weren't really my thing, but I wanted to fit in the group as much as possible. 
'' Of course we'll all go! '' Susan was all smiles but Ali kept quiet. '' Right, Ali? '' she asked.
'' Tomorrow's friday night, I was supposed to hang out with Daniel '' Ali tried to argue.
'' Come on Ali! I know you still have feelings for Johnny even though you're trying to hide it. You guys have dated for about, what, 2 years? Just give him a second chance '' Susan was trying to convinced her as we met with the team.
Ali stopped and crossed her arms on chest '' Actually you're right. Maybe hanging out with Daniel will make him jealous and he's gonna be the one who'll beg to have me back '' she finally said, a confident smile on her lips.

'' Okay ladies, please stand in rows and start warming up ''  The coach's voice cut off the conversation.

-

I know it's a short chapter but I wanted to put more emphasis on the relationships between the girls. Next one will be much longer I promised.
Feel free to give feedbacks, as I said it's my first fiction like ever

xx