𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 : Cobra Kai

I got up early this morning, with this strange feeling you have when you wake up at a place that doesn't feel familiar.

I finished to unpack my belongings. I now have a huuuge closet so I took my time to hang up my clothes well. When satisfied with the overall look of my room, I went downstairs. My parents were already there. My father was drinking his coffee and reading a newspaper while my mom was getting the kitchen organized.

They both greeted me, asking if I slept well.

'' So, Becca, I've been telling your father that I wanted to go to town today. Do you wanna come with us? '' my mom said.

'' Yeah, why not! I'll go get ready '' I took a french croissant and went back to my room to put some cute clothes on. 

A few minutes later, I was ready and I urged my parents to do the same. It was a beautiful day, yet maybe a little too hot, and I couldn't wait to explore West Valley. School was about to start and I only had a few days off and I wanted to make sure to familiarize with my new environnement before.

-

Down the hill, West Valley was much more alive. People of all ages were walking in the streets, there were restaurants, shops of all kind, cinemas and even a huge arcade where you could play golf and video games.

My parents decided to go to the grocery shopping while I decided to make my way to a small library. We agreed to meet in a restaurant called the Orient Express in about 2 hours to have lunch, but until then, I had some free time to explore.

As I opened the door, I heard the doorbell ringing. A woman greeted me :

'' Hi! How may I help you? '' she said to me. 

'' Hi, oh I ain't looking for something specific. I'll just take a look around '' I answered shyly. I never really fell comfortable when shopping; I always feel a pressure from the sellers to buy and I am someone who likes to take my time.

'' No problem, then. Today's promotion is buy one get one 50% for books of the same price range. If you need me, just ask '' I nodded as she went back to her work.

 I walked down the aisles, my eyes travelling up and down the shelves full of books. I've always loved to read. I had friends back in New York and it was something we all had in common : our love for books. We would always share our reading together, giving comments and arguing on endings we disagreed with.

I ended up coming across a book called The Shinning by Stephen King. It quickly caught my attention as I browse through the pages. Yep, this one's the one.
After spending a good 30 minutes, I decided I had enough and took only this one, even if the lady recalled to me her promotion again. 

When I left the book shop, I still had an hour left before meeting with my mom and dad for lunch. I walked down the streets, looking at the signs around. I didn't feel like shopping for clothes. One particular building caught my attention. A huge snake painting stood above the front door, but I couldn't read what was written underneath. As I walk closer to the snake, I read the words Cobra Kai. It was right across the street from the Orient Express. I looked at my watch. Still some time left, so why not take a look.

I got inside and almost immediately regretted it. A man was yelling at a group of young people dressed in white karate clothes, a hooded cobra rising over a clenched fist was embroided on their back.   The way the man was speaking was terrifying, as if he was commanding an army. As I watched, I realized they were all boys, no girls. 

'' Fear does not exist in this dojo, does it? '' he shouted to his class

'' NO SENSEI '' they all answered together as if they were one.