𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 : West Valley High School

The first day of school have always been stressful, even back in NY when I used to go at the same school for all those years. It meant new classes, new teachers and, sometimes, new rules. Now, everything was unkown to me and it was freaking me out.
As I brushed me teeth, my thoughts wondered to Ali. I hope she was doing okay now.
I put some high waisted blue jeans on, a white shirt and a light grey sweater. I dressed my hair in a high ponytail before heading downstairs. My dad was sitting in the kitchen, taking the last bites of his breakfast. He was all dressed up in his brand new LAPD police uniform.

'' Good morning, Honey '' he looked up to me.
'' How do you feel about this first day of school? Stressed? Excited to finally be a senior? ''

I shooked my head '' Yeah more like stressed, actually '' and he gave me his sympathetic dad smile

'' I know Becca but I'm sure you'll have fun. Don't worry about that. See, you've even already made some friends. Now I have to go, you know, it's my first day too. Want me to drop you off? ''

Looking through the window, I gave a quick look to our driveway. He caught my gaze  and laughed.
'' You're fine, I don't have the car yet ''

I smiled, relived '' Alright then '' I grabbed my backpack and walked outside to the car. It wasn't in my plans to take the school bus for my first senior day, but getting a ride in a police car so that everyone could know who my father was, well it wasn't either.

The ride didn't take long. The school was standing just at foot of the Hills, gathering the main neighborhoods of the West Valley : Encino and Reseda.

I stepped up the car and gave a last look at my dad
'' Don't worry honey, I'll come this afternoon with my patrol car '' he tried to make me laugh, but instead it just freaked me out even more.
'' More like I'll find a way to come home by myself, yeah '' Don't get me wrong, I loved my dad, but his jokes weren't always the funniest.

I walked towards the main entrance, my hands stuck in my pockets, focusing on calming down my nerves. I gave a quick look around, hoping to find Ali or Susan, but none of them were in sight. I had an appointment at the principal's office  and I was hoping Ali could have bring me there so I wouldn't get lost in this jungle.
As I opened the door, I sensed someone following me so I held the door open.
'' Thanks '' I recognized the voice; it was dark hair's. I looked up and saw he was wearing black aviator sunglasses, probably trying to hide his bruises from last night.
'' New in town? '' I asked
'' Yeah but now if you excuse me, I gotta find the principal's office '' He began walking away and I ran after him '' Hey, same! I'll come with you ''
He smiled, waiting for me '' What's your name? ''
'' Rebecca Morris, but you can just call me Becca '' 
'' I'm Daniel LaRusso, but people usually just call me Daniel '' he winked and I giggled. Ali was right, he was quite the charmer.

We met the principal and he gave us our schedule and explained to us the basic rules, which were almost the same as what I've been used to. My first class was Maths while Daniel's was English. We both took separate ways, promising to have lunch together. He was nice and I wasn't planning to eat alone if I couldn't find Ali nor Susan.
I came in front of the door I was looking for : B-212 . I gulped and  knocked timidly. A middle-aged man opened.
'' Ah, Miss Morris. I had been told you would join us. Come in, you can take the free seat in the back next to Mr. Lawrence. ''
'' Thank you, sir '' I whispered. 
I walked the class. Ali was sitting in the middle of the front row next to Susan. She waved discretly to me and I gave her a smile. My eyes then went to the free seat the teacher talked about. Mr. Lawrence, as he called him, was no one else than Johnny. I mentally swore before heading to my place.