𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 : Truth or Dare

Eddie dropped us to school as usual and as soon as we got on the school grounds, Ali went right to Daniel. He had a black eye and his arms were all scratched. I felt bad for him know that I knew Ali wasn't really attracted and that she just wanted to use the poor boy to make Johnny jealous.
Instead of following her, I made my way to the main entrance. The weather was a little cooler than what California had used me to, so I was wearing an oversized lilac hoodie.
I walked past the Cobras who gathered around their bikes, waiting until the last minute to get in class.
I felt their gaze on me, but I kept looking to where I was going, not giving them a glance.

English class went on as usual : Cobras were disturbing in the back of the class, sending paper balls to each others and memos to girls. I was sitting in the front row and I was trying to stay focus as the teacher was giving us the terms of the essay we had to do.
The bell rang and I sighed, relived. I don't think I could have handle this any longer.

We were walking in the hallway when Daniel came towards us. 
'' Hey, how are you doing '' he gave a pat on Ali's shoulder. I looked at him and noticed half of his face was all scratched. 
'' Ooh, what happened to you forehead? '' she asked, showing him a concerned look.
I felt bad for him now that I knew what she had planned.
'' Oh it was terrible '' he said, now walking in sync with us. '' It was this gigantic runaway zit ''
Ali and I laughed, but Susan rolled her eyes. '' Ew, that's gross ''
'' Daniel, this is Susan '' I said.
'' Hi '' he said, giving her a large smile.
'' Yeah, I knew his name. Charmed '' she didn't even bother to look at him.
'' Now tell us, what happened? '' Ali asked.
'' It's nothing, I had a bike accident '' he waved his hand, showing us it was nothing really important.
'' And what kind of bike do you have, Daniel? '' Susan finally showed him some interest. '' Honda? Suzuki? ''
'' Uh, no, it's a, like a Miyaji turbo, actually '' I laughed silently as she faked being impressed. I knew Daniel's bike was a bicycle.
'' Really? '' Ali smiled as she knew it too.
'' We were still going to the arcade tonight? '' Daniel asked, changing abruptly the subject.
She had a quick look at Susan.
'' I got invited to a party tonight, I'm sorry '' she bit her lower lips. '' Maybe you could come with me? '' she was looking at him with puppy eyes.
But Daniel froze suddenly, looking preoccupied. 
'' I- I just remember I got to.. I got to go. Yeah actually I forget something. We'll catch up, okay? '' he left quickly.
Johnny and his mates were a few meters away in front of us, once again laying on their bike.
'' It's gonna be hard to make him jealous is Danny boy doesn't even have the guts to show up '' Susan said, giving her 'I've told you' kind of look.
She sighed as we finished to make our way to the cafeteria.

-

'' No! There is no way I'm wearing this '' I laughed as Barbara threw me a ridiculously stripped sweater.
'' Just kidding, you're actually pretty good looking '' she said playfully.
We were at Ali's place, getting ready for the party Johnny was throwing tonight. I was wearing a black sparkling strappy dress I had borrowed from Susan. It was weird for me to wear something as chic and sexy as this dress, but being with the girls made me feel more confident. I was trying to get my hair ready. Eagle, Ali's puppy, was messing around her bedroom and we were all in adoration at his silly little face.
'' Is Daniel coming? '' I asked. I knew Ali had called him earlier this evening, but I wasn't aware if she had finally found a way to make her plan work.
'' Of course he will! '' she grinned.
'' But we'll have to take him because apparently, his Miyaji Turbo has broken down '' Susan really did not like this guy. Anytime we were talking about him, she would roll her eyes, sigh or seem deeply annoyed.
Ali and I laughed with complicity, receiving an interrogated look from Susan and Barbara.
'' His Miyaji Turbo is a bicycle, actually '' Ali scoffed and we all joined her.