7

It's been a week since we left Vienna. It was a perfect early February evening . Thomas and I were with our friends Diana and Cameron at my house.

      You will be mine...

      That voice does not disappear from my head. I could not tell if it was a male or a female, a child or an adult. I started dreaming black figures, demons, angels. I became passionate about this subject.

     We all watched the TV screen. I took a sip from a glass of water. I looked at the floor dropping the glass. It broke into pieces. "Erin ?! Are you all right?" Diana asked. "Yeah. Only I was careless." I lied. The truth was that I had seen a black mist coming out from under the couch and dressed the floor in darkness.

    I bent down to clean the mess. I cut my arm, around veins area, in one piece of glass. Everyone looked at me shocked at how I played with blood which was running out of the cut. I let it to extend down on the forearm, then I changed the direction allowing it to form a scarlet bracelet around my wrist. I smiled, ignoring the pain. I liked how it felt. I began to lick the red liquid. Thomas was absolutely terrified.

      "Erin, what are you doing?" Thomas said while he caught my hands. Cameron and Diana began to gather the rest from the floor. "What happened with you? You're acting strange." Said Cameron.

      "Lilith, our queen..." I whispered so softly that only I could hear myself. "What did you say?" Cameron questioned. "Nothing." I answered. "Maybe she drunk a little bit too much." Diana suggested. "Come On! Maybe you should sleep." Said Thomas kissing me. He took a bandage then drove me to the bedroom. I sat on my bed while Thomas bandaged the wound. I looked at him in horror. The pain was killing me. "The Queen will not be pleased!" I let out. "What are you talking about?" "Nothing... maybe I'm drunk." I wasn't sure why I said that sentence.

        I heard a knock at the door. It opened and two black figures without face occurred. "Thomas, Erin, we leave. It looks like you need a moment alone." I blinked and voices immediately corresponded with the figures that had begun to take shape. Silhouettes were removed and Thomas ran after them. I heard the door lock and his hurried footsteps climbing the stairs again. He entered the room and jumped on me kissing me for a long, long time. He bit my lips with thirst and I let myself free.

         I woke up. It was still dark outside. I looked at the clock: 3:36. I was cold. I got up out of bed and took a robe. With the corner of my eye I saw the black cover of the book. I took it off from the shelf and I left quietly the bedroom. I went downstairs into the kitchen. I took a pot and put water to boil. I took the box of coffee and put it in the water. While I was waiting for it to boil, I opened the book and began to read.

       I poured coffee into a cup and looked at my bandage which covered the cut. I took it off. I looked at it very surprised. The cut didn't have the same shape. It was a perfect circle and inside it had a star which had its corners positioned on the bow of the circle. I ran my fingers over the wound, still fragile. This small thread drew crooked lines on the skin. It hurt. A deep pain that I liked.

      The pages have begun to be given one after the other. They stopped somewhere close to the middle of the book. The page has a title with stylized lettering: "Symbols of Darkness." I looked over the words and drawings. I read everything which was wrote in that chapter.

    "Every blade as simple and ordinary, anything that cuts can become a tool for drawing. Pentagrams are symbols of Darkness. Each design carved by human or animal skin bring a tribute of a prince. The Runes indicates the degree. A strong stand on human skin the rune takes after degree of darkness found in human / animal. The pentagram is the most powerful and made a beginner to live not last more than 24 hours. The first Rune is: The Seal of Lamashtu."