42

I sat bored behind the counter. Although the library was full, I felt like no one had came there for years. Diana came in a hurry to me. "Can you, please,stay in the store. Leave me at the counter." She pleased me. "Sure!" I agreed.

    I smiled as I rose from the chair. I went in the Since fiction books area. I watched all the people more or less interested in reading, they lost a little time in our business. They were the last customers for that day. We were preparing to close as we approached of the end of the program. I slammed on a chair when I saw the last person going out of the store.

    "Erin, you received a package." Cameron said. "Me?"

     Cameron handed me a cardboard box. It was quite tiny. On it was written only: "For Erin Donovan." I opened it and inside were a lot of photos. I put the box on the counter and pulled out several pictures. I noticed that most of them were just with me and Thomas. Inside was a bell which was tied a note. - "If the answer is no, ring once and if the answer is yes, ring twice." I read on the ticket. What is this? It took me several seconds to realize what was happening. I got the bell and rang it once. I saw him coming out from behind a wall with a very sad expression. It broke my heart to see him like that. I waited until he came closer. He took me in his arms and left his head on my shoulder.

    "I understand if you're not ready yet..." He started to say. Then I called again. He gave slightly back and took the ring. He knelt before me and took my hand. "Maybe it was one of the most stupid ways to do this but this is not what matters, but the question itself. So, Erin, will you be my wife?" He said pushing the ring on my finger.

    "Yes! Thomas!" I said, leaving me to fall into his arms. I kissed him while Cam and Diana applauded. I was the happiest person in the universe. Tears of joy exploded in my eyes and ran in rivers down on my cheeks. "I love you, Thomas! And by the way, it was the most original idea to ask someone to marry. I can not believe it..." I said trying to make my tears to stop.

    "Honestly, nor me. But I did it because I love you, because since the first moment I saw you I knew that everything in my would be change radically just because of you." He said looking me deep in the eyes.

     "Congratulations, our dear friends! If you will not believe it, what can we say?" Diana said. "Thank you! You helped me a lot." Thomas added. "Hold on! You knew?! I don't understand." I said puzzled. "Who do you think that chose the ring? Who do you think that stayed awake late at night to choose those pictures. But I admit this idea, with the bell, was Thomas'." Diana noticed. "Exactly! Cameron said pasting a poster on the door.

    "What are you doing?" I asked him curiously. "This event should be celebrated. We take our day off. I did something wrong?" He smirked. "No!" Thomas answered. "If you do not mind, I want tonight to be just us. Plus we are very tired. I do not know why but I get tired very quickly. And I began to get fat." I told them."Oh no! Stop complaining! You look perfect." Cameron told me winking. I rolled my eyes and I hugged them all. Me and Thomas got out from our bookstore holding our hands. I climbed up on the motorcycle while he powered the car. We both went home. It was our home for our future family where we will live in peace and quiet.