ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

THE TWO PARKER SIBLINGS HAD found each other

THE TWO PARKER SIBLINGS HAD found each other. Maelyn and Peter - the youngest of the Peters - ran into each other's arms as soon as they saw each other. They were both relieved that the other was okay, and that they still had their sibling to rely on, even with their aunt gone. For what felt like hours, the two held each other like their lives depended on it, before the others made their appearance. The others being their friends.

Before Maelyn had opened the rooftop door in her younger brother's school building, the group had come up with a plan. That plan consisted of the girl going up first, on her own, so she could wrap her shaking arms around her brother with no distractions. Then, later on, MJ and Ned would follow her up and greet the broken boy, before the rest of the Spider-Men jumped down from the very top of the school tower.

Maelyn didn't even know if the boy knew about their deceased aunt, but when she first stepped through the metal door frame and felt the cool, night breeze whipping the blonde hair away from her face, she somehow knew. He had been sitting on the flat, stone roof with blood dripping from every cut on his body, littering his perfectly clear skin. He was looking out at the night sky with flaming cheeks, the tears that had previously fallen staining and tinting them, whilst his shaking never stopped. He had clearly been involved with whatever had killed their aunt May, and it was eating him alive. Maelyn could see that from a distance.

"Are you hurt badly?" The girl managed to ask through her stutters and hiccups, pulling away from her brother to look at him in the eyes. He forced a small smile and nodded, closing his eyes as his sister's hand raked through his soaked and tousled locks to calm his guilty mind.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't-" He started to apologise as his voice wavered. He was tired, grief-stricken and heartbroken. That could do so much to a boy, especially what ran through his mind. Which was exactly why he had even the thought to blame himself for his aunt's death.

"Don't even." Maelyn scolded with furrowed brows. She shook her head sadly as she watched a single tear trickle down Peter's cheek, landing on the chest of his Spider-Man suit. Soon enough, water was spilling out of her bright-blue eyes too. "It's not your fault."

Before the Parker boy could respond, MJ and Ned walked through the metal door, directing the siblings' attention to them. Maelyn moved away as Ned and MJ rushed over to the scratch-covered boy with tears in their eyes. She watched them hug and mutter reassuring words to him, all whilst she stood carrying the same grief as he did. She had no friends of her own to go to. She had no relatives left alive to go to. Peter might have felt alone, but really, she was the one stranded by herself surrounded by her own overwhelming sorrow.

"Peter, there's some people here." MJ whispered as she began to pull away. Peter immediately looked up at her with wide eyes, quickly wiping the many tears cascading down his cheeks with a swipe of his palms.

"What?" He questioned whilst struggling to get up, wincing multiple times as one of his cuts stretched the wrong way. Ned held up his arm to help the boy get his footing without losing his balance. He could see Peter was already in enough pain as it was, both physically and emotionally, so he didn't need to fall over. That would just make it worse.