Chapter 5: Family

Alice's POV

I yawned, sitting on Optimus's shoulder as the bots all talked and fought each other.

My leg hurt like death, so I was trying to move as little as possible. I'm pretty sure it's broken.

Not completely sure why I'm not screaming in absolute pain right now. Maybe I'm in shock.

Optimus sat on an oil tanker quietly, watching the other Autobots. I could tell he was thinking deeply. I was thankful that unlike all the other humans and cybertronians I had met, he was at least quiet.

I saw a car and smiled. Bumblebee was here. His doors opened and Mr. Yeager, Tessa, and Shane all jumped out.

"Where's Alice?" Mr. Yeager and Shane asked at the same time.

I waved.

Bumblebee transformed and immediately started laughing, giving Optimus an expression I didn't know how to interpret. Optimus shifted uncomfortably and I felt his body heat up.

"Guess we should give Bee the good news. We've got a ship now and we're leaving this dirt planet." Crosshairs said.

"You're leaving?" Mr. Yeager exclaimed.

"You have no idea the misfortune you've brought upon yourselves." Optimus told him.

"What? What is it now? I'm doing stuff out of my league here!" He exclaimed.

"You don't see who is controlling who. Within that manmade prototype I fought, I sensed the presence of Megatron." Optimus said gravely, standing up and walking closer to Mr. Yeager.

"The Decepticon that started the Chicago war?" Mr. Yeager asked.

"How do you think KSI built those bots? Megatron's decapitated head has been telling them and I've been translating. He just manipulated them into building him a new body." The little blue bot that Optimus rescued from KSI told him.

"You knew this and you didn't warn them?" Tessa asked.

I gave her five cookie points.

"You go to a pretty dark place when you're on death row." He replied lowly.

Wimp.

"All of that manipulation so he could get the seed." The blue dude said.

"Seed?" Shane asked.

"It's a bomb that turns everything into Cybertronian metal. It's how the dinosaurs died and the metal was used to make the Autobots and their not-so-friendly counterparts." I explained, having already heard this when blue dude first explained it.

"He'll detonate it in the largest city, turning it to molten metal and destroying all of it." Optimus continued.

"He's sending the world a message saying, 'Baby, I'm back.'" Blue dude said.

"We have to get the seed before Galvatron." Mr. Yeager said.

"Sounds simple." I told them sarcastically.

Optimus shook his head.

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

"We'll get in one of these trains for the night." Mr. Yeager said.

"Tomorrow, we will execute our plan and after the seed is safe, we will leave Earth." Optimus replied.

Everyone nodded.

The bots walked off to go find a nice flat spot and Optimus started to transform very slowly.

I winced as his shoulderplate tilted and slid me onto a seat cushion. When he was finished, the door popped open and Shane and Mr. Yeager helped me out.