Chapter 11: Chosen

Alice's POV

"So what does this table say?" Viviane asked.

"It's a map. My ancestors and I have been working on it for ages. These glyphs are an old cybtrontian mantra, whispered through the ages, se glas nun ton tay." The old man said.

"Wait, I've heard that before. The knight on the ship told me that." Cade said.

"Yes. It means, 'with your dying breath, protect the staff'." The old man said.

I gave him a look, "No it doesn't."

"Yes it does." He argued.

"No. It does not. It says, 'the fate of the mighty is to fall'." I corrected.

"That doesn't make any sense." He rolled his eyes.

"Really? What happened to Merlin? King Author? Most of the Knights?" I questioned.

He paused, "Why would they say that?"

"Why would their mantra be to protect the staff? Wouldn't they be trying to hide it from Quintessa?" I asked.

He frowned, "Whatever! Viviane, you are the only one who can wield the staff. You, Cade, and Alice must find it. With some cybertronian help of course."

"Where is it?" Cade asked.

"Only Viviane knows. Her father must have given her some clue to it's location." The old guy said.

"Are you sure? She doesn't have that I-know-where-the-staff-is look." Cade said.

"His study. There must be a clue in there." Viviane told us.

"We should get going then." Cade said.

"And just like that, we're a team on a mission?" I asked.

"You didn't come for a playdate." The old guy smirked.

"Well, then. I'm in charge." I decided.

"N-"

"MI6 and TRF are here!" Cogsman yelled, running in.

"Let's move!" Old guy said, ushering us out the back door.

"Strafe." I said and the velociraptor kneeled down, allowing me to jump on.

"You can't hide in him, get in Bee." Cade ordered as Bumblebee transformed.

"What, you want me to just leave my best friend? No thanks." I rolled my eyes.

I saw the cars speeding down the drive way, "We should  get a head start, Strafe."

He jumped in acknowledgement before taking off into the sky. Despite the situation, I grinned, missing the way the wind blew through my hair as Strafe gained height.

We could outfly any humans. Neither of us needed to breathe.

"Enjoying yourself?" He asked.

"You know it." I laughed, watching as we followed Bee and the other two cars.

They both stopped at an apartment before letting out Cade and Viviane, who ran into the house as they drove off again.

Strafe and I landed on it, his dull gray scales fitting in almost perfectly to the concrete roof. We waited a few minutes, ignoring the ruckus below as TRF and MI6 chased after Bumblebee and Hotrod.

"Here they come." Strafe said.

"I'll warn them." I told him, jumping off his back and onto the window frame below.