Chapter 3: [James got amnesia... Obviously he didn't.]

" I don't know how I should be feeling Zee", I told my best friend. " It's been nearly a month and he hasn't sent me a single message or called. I mean he does have a very busy schedule but now it feels like we never met. I thought we got along well but maybe I'm just another fan."

Bam! My best friend threw 'Crime and Punishment' at me. And it smacked right at my forehead. Yeah by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. I love me some classics. (read recommendation alert!)

"Hey, what was that for?", I yelled at her. "And that book is precious."

"I can tell James is a really good person. Cut him some slack, he's a big ass celebrity." Zee told me. "He'll send you a message soon. Or he might even turn up here...I have a very good feeling in the pit of my stomach that something lovely is gonna happen to you. So shut your pie hole. You know I could make money as a fortune teller don't you?", she eyed me. "I've got to go now... 'LUCYYYY'", she slurred...

But it was true. What she said. I mean Zenab always had the knack of telling how people were by observing them and sometimes what she predicted would be true in one way or the other...

But still, I do consider all of that a bunch of B.S!

Hah! There was one time when we were in year 7, Zenab ran up to me during lunch telling me about how she discovered her family secrets and that her grandma was part of a coven and she was next in line. Yes, she is crazy and I love her. Unconditionally.

Enough thinking about Mr. Tumnus. Grandma's really sick and I've been helping mum to look after her for weeks now. I used to watch the telly all night and used to glue myself to my computer but these days I'm just so tired that sleep catches me as soon as my head hits the pillow.

God, I hope granny feels fine soon. The last time she had a stroke we were about to lose her. I don't want to lose another person in my life. Especially not someone I love.

New York: James McAvoy's POV (imagine all this in Prof. Charles' accent. The young one, mind you!)

Ayesha.

Nope, Lucy suits her best.

God! I didn't even realize the months going to end and I haven't contacted her. Ahh, I didn't even have the time to check my mail.

She must be thinking I'm another snob and I DO NOT blame her for it.

I was so busy with the promotion of X-Men: Strike One, the launch of its trailer and all the excitement of Nick coming back to the movies that my brain had no time for other thoughts. I feel so stupid now. ( Imagine Brits' pronunciation of 'stupid'. Bliss..)

" Hey Nicolai, mum would you lot mind if I had a guest over for a couple of weeks? Two weeks tops. Actually she's a lovely friend of mine and I ..."

"Lovely Anne- Marie-", my mum squealed. I cut her off. I am such a gentle man.

"Dearest Nick, lovely mother...sit down and I'll let you two on about my time in Nepal."

"Stop being so British with that accent", mum chastised me.

"Well you did marry my dad mother...and I bet you drooled on his British-ness", I said.

"I hated it.",mum said.

I heard Nicolai let out a little chuckle. Okay he was cracking up..

Ayesha here:

"You tell me who you are first. YOU called Mr." I didn't know who but some weirdo was asking me which country had he called to and whom had he reached.

"Forgotten me already dear Lucy?", the other line said. Shocked I looked at my phone. Yep, international number.

"No,.. I ... you. Damn! How are you Mr.Tumnus? Hasn't it been long? You've forgotten me actually, haven't you? ", I couldn't hide the disappointment in my voice.

James was quiet for awhile. I heard a long sigh. " Ayesha I'm so sorry I didn't call or reply to any of your messages. Actually I just checked my mail because I was so caught up with the X men promotion I ju----"

X men?? "Wait a new X men film coming up?!!", I screeched.

"Owww." I heard James cursing. I couldn't understand his rapid British accent. Woops..

"Well, Lucy yeah new X men. Didn't you watch the trailers or something?"

"UH.. My granny's been sick for weeks now so I'm helping mum with her. No time.", I said.

"Oh. I'm sorry dear. Well. Please don't say no to this and hear me out first. Come spend two weeks with me and my family here in New York?" He said that all too fast.

Wait, What the f-ing???

"Yes. And you said that out loud". Woops again. " Your air fare, lodging and food will be my treat. Don't say no. You did too much for me in Nepal. My turn."

" I.. um.. James.."
.......end of chapter....

I wish this were for real!!!

Of course she'll go. If she won't then that'll be the end of my story. Hehe and a million sorries for grammatical errors.

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and I hope it was long. I like to give out long chapters you know.

And hey, you'll see more of Nicolai now. The story's just heating up!

Comment, vote, share, follow! Throw questions at me!

Xxx, Supu.