Chapter 5: [ say goodbye to NYC ]

5 days went by. James took me everywhere he could. Sometimes Elizabeth, James' mother (real name! real name!!) would take me shopping too. Now I know the real meaning of 'shop till you drop'. We nailed it.

Times Square, Central Park, Empire State, MOMA, all the must visit restaurant and shops had almost been covered. James didn't want me to miss any place and he even wanted us to pack up and go to Disney land. Grump refused of course and besides I wanted to explore New York more so no worries. We still do have a week and two days left for that anyways.

New York really is beautiful. I mean, the smell, the lights and the buzz and the hurry for everything just consumes you. Ah and especially the cafes and awesome restaurants! That's heaven for a foodie like me.

It had already been my routine. Every night I'd walk up to the verandah near James' room for the light summer air and the beautiful view it provided. And here I am tonight too. I'm gonna miss this place. And everyone.

That is except Grump. Can you believe that he hasn't talked to me at all excluding when he needs to. Like, you won't receive a 'good morning' but you will receive a 'Would you pass me the butter please'. He definitely su---

"What's your problem Nic?!! Why are so utterly rude ? The least you can do is acknowledge her?!"

I heard James yell at Nicolai. They're probably in his room arguing. Ummm... I better go. Yeah mum has taught me not to eavesdrop and all so------

"You are so blind James. Can't you see it? ", Nicolai yelled back. Grump yelled back, I mean. What does he mean?

Sorry mother but I'm bad ass. What does he mean, really? I sharpened my ears a bit.

"What the fuck do you mean, Nic?!" Exactly what the f do you mean Grump? James is pissed, I can tell. He rarely swears. Trust me because whenever I'd say shit he'd go all 'Language Lucy!' with a death stare on me. It's shit scary and I tell him to stop being my mum. Like saying shit is bad?

I heard Grump let out a long sigh. "What do you even know about her James? She's a girl you met in the streets of Nepal and claims to be your fan. And now you've brought her here. Can't you see she's led you on? She wants fame and money and everything else. Isn't it obvious? Apparently Ma's blind to everything too. (Nicolai calls Elizabeth 'ma' :D) Reality check! You're a big ass celebrity and she is USING you!" My chest tightened.

"Enough Nic!!! You're the one whose blind enough to fail to notice a wonderful, innocent girl who deserves none of your harsh behavior."

"Fuck!! What has that girl done to you? She's definitely a witch doing voodoo on you.", Nicolai yelled back.

"Didn't I say enough?!!!!! Get out! Of the room and the house." Shit! "And I'll have you know one thing.
You don't know her yourself for judging her.
Oh, and I know enough about her to know what kind of a person she is.
You don't have to tell me." Shit shit shit shit!!! What is happening?
That's actually three things James...

"Yeah. Whatever you say", I heard Nicolai leaving James' room and I quickly scurried back to mine.

I sat numb facing the mirror in my room. 'My' meaning the guest room that I was given.

It stung, definitely, what Nicolai said about me. Who knows, to everybody else, to the movie team that James introduced me to, to all the other American family members James made me meet, I could just be a fame-digger who just popped out of nowhere. Heck I don't even belong here! Why the fuck did I agree to come here? Where I know no one and I never once thought about anything. About this... happening.