you give her the silent treatment (requested)

"Can we talk, baby?" NingNing asked as she walked into the room, slowly approaching the sofa to sit down beside you.

She stared at you for a few seconds, waiting for you to respond. But the longer the silence hung in the air, she realized that you weren't up to talking.

"I know you're upset with me and you have every right to be." She said as she tried to take your hand into hers, only for you to push hers away. "But we have to talk this out. We can't stay mad at each other. It's getting late. We can't go to bed angry, it's not healthy. Please, baby. Please talk to me."

Again, you didn't say anything and she was left confused as to what to do.

"Fine. I'll talk." She sighed. "I shouldn't have snapped at you when I got home. I called you annoying, which I shouldn't have because it's not true."

She waited for you to speak to her but you continued to stay silent.

"You're giving me the silent treatment, which I totally deserve. But I wish that you'd understand that I didn't mean to say it. I'm just stressed out and exhausted and I didn't expect you to throw your arms around me as soon as I walked inside. It was a wonderful way to greet me, but I needed a little room to breathe after how awful I've felt today. But nonetheless, I feel very bad about it all and I truly am sorry."

You heard the crack in her voice at the end of her words and you knew she could see you looking at her from the corner of your eyes.

"I'm sorry, y/n. So very sorry." She said, sinking her teeth into her lip as she anxiously awaited for you to say something, anything.

"I get that, NingNing. I know you're under a lot of stress and pressure. That's why I wanted to greet you with a hug. I thought it'd help you feel better, not worse. I didn't think I'd be called annoying because of it."

She should've felt relieved to hear your voice but she still felt guilty, feeling her heart shatter in her chest over how sad she made you feel.

"I know. You're the sweetest girl in the world and I'm so lucky to have you. You always care so much about me and all the things I go through. When I'm sad, when I'm stressed, you do everything you can to make me feel better and it means everything to me. I hope you believe me when I say that."

"I do." You spoke quietly. "You just hurt my feelings. I don't ever want to annoy you."

"And you don't, sweet girl." She said as she cupped our cheek, gently turning it so you'd look her in the eyes. "You never do. You're amazing and I love you so much. I was just frustrated and I took it out on you with my words and I feel very bad about it. I swear, it'll never happen again."

"It better not." You playfully warned and NingNing chuckled.

"You're adorable." She smiled as she brushed her hand across your cheek. "Let me make it up to you. Can I take you out for dinner?"

"Okay." You smiled back at her and she sighed in relief, her forehead falling onto yours.

"You've got the most beautiful smile." She whispered before pulling you in for a hug.

"Love you."

"I love you more." She said and kissed the crown of your head before you got up, hand in hand as you headed towards the stairs to get ready to go out for dinner together.

"You can tell me about your day over dinner if you want."

"Thank you, my love. But also, no thank you. After everything, I want to forget about it and dedicate my evening to my beautiful girlfriend." She said and you quickly kissed her cheek.

"Okay, baby." You said before letting her hand go to get ready, NingNing watching you the entire time with a smile on her face, thankful that everything was okay again.