you propose (requested)

"Thank you for tonight, baby." NingNing smiled. "This was a delicious meal and I'm so happy we could enjoy some time together."

"I'm so happy you liked it, my love." You said with a hint of nervousness in your voice.

NingNing was quick to notice it and a frown appeared on her face as she reached for your hand that rested on the table.

Tonight, you treated her to one of the most romantic spots in the city.

You know she's been under a lot of stress lately so a nice meal was a nice treat for her.

But you didn't just bring her here to make her feel better.

You have something special up your sleeve for tonight.

"Why do you seem so nervous, my love?" She asked.

"Well," You said as you bit your lip. "I have something I want to ask you."

"Okay. I'm all ears." She said as she patiently waited for you to speak.

You kept one hand on your lap while she held your other one and she noticed that it was shaking slightly.

"I love you so much." You said and watched her eyes light up in response. "I never thought I could ever love someone as much as I love you. You've changed my life completely and I'm so in love with you. All I want in this world is to be your wife and spend forever with you."

She was starting to catch on a little.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, NingNing. I want to marry you."

You stood up and got down on one knee in front of her.

Neither of you cared about the people watching.

You didn't mind if they stared or if they recognized her.

You could only focus on her and the question at hand.

She saw the ring in your hand and gasped at the sight.

It was beautiful, almost as beautiful as she is.

"NingNing, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" She answered immediately as happy tears filled her eyes.

You slipped the ring on her finger and then pulled her in for a sweet kiss as people around you clapped and cheered.

"I can't believe it." She said with a tearful chuckle. "We're engaged! We're getting married!"

"We are, baby." You smiled as you kissed her hand softly. "I can't wait for you to be my wife and to spend forever by your side."

"I can't wait either." She said as she kissed you again and again.

And you both basked in the moment and the love you felt for each other, so excited to spend forever with each other.