Chapter 18

"They were not meaningless! They might've bothered me a few times, but they grew up knowing me! I care about the people around me!" you screamed. You didn't even know what to do anymore. Listen to Muzan and get up? Or stand up against his word and make him aware that their lives mattered? "Obvious choice, darling. Get up," Muzan commanded. You looked up, looking him dead in the eye before you felt the world falling and twisting around you. You then saw black. Nothing. A void.

POV: Muzan

The girl suddenly fell over, everything must've finally caught up to her. I must say, her strength and resistance to the conditions she's been through is impressive, but she seems eager to disobey me.

And that simply won't do.

I then picked her up, and went to the forest where we had entered the city. The city was quiet during the day, so her little outburst didn't attract attention. As I carried her out into the forest, I couldn't help but think how wonderfully warm the sun felt. It has been many, many moons since I was able to enjoy the warm feeling of the sun, although I still prefer the evening.

I had recently caught wind of the possibility that demon slayers will be arriving at Shinjuku, and it would be perfect to send some of my demons to get rid of them quickly, as target practice, merely. For now, my priority was the girl, and I needed someone who will give me 100% certainty that they will look after and protect y/n, as she needs to rest before my demons come to surprise the pathetic humans during the day.

POV: No one

"Akaza, you must ensure the girl is cared for and in the utmost condition for tomorrow." Muzan said, as Akaza was kneeled before him, in the Infinity Castle once again. They were currently in the room where y/n had gotten changed earlier. Akaza nodded, he would've loved to go fighting or maybe even kill a Hashira, but was honoured at receiving personal commands from Muzan Kibutsuji himself. With that said, Muzan got up, and almost instantly 'vanished'.

Akaza stood, taking the girl and gently placing her on a soft futon, a soft sleeping mat. He gently placed a hand on her cheek, it was cold. So he covered her with a blanket. When she woke up, he planned to ensure that she ate and drank something, so that she could be as healthy and strong as possible before Muzan intended to do something that required a vast amount of blood again.

Akaza then went and sat down in the corner of the room, his one leg crossed over the other. He then noticed a sudden movement. Y/n rolled over, now laying on her side, facing Akaza. He had to admit, she was a beautiful girl with flawless features, but he was cringing at the thought of Douma wanting to fight her. He knew Douma would easily kill her without a second thought.

So he just hoped Muzan wouldn't allow her to fight. The moonlight was accentuating every one of the girl's features. Akaza watched at how peacefully and undisturbed she lay. Her breathing was controlled, and her heartbeat was fairly paced. Yet he knew her body was busy recovering at an abnormal speed. It even amazed him to see a human heal so quickly after such a harsh amount of blood loss.