Family Dinner

Hunter, Blaze, and I lay on the bed staring at the ceiling. We were both running late but decided we should spend a little more time with our baby. For the past few days, we have been spending very little time with him. After we get home from work, he's already asleep.

Hunter is keeping his promise by making sure he puts his family first over the business. It makes me smile considering a year ago, he wouldn't have given us a thought before the company.

"What are you smiling about?" he asked as he got up to put on his shirt.

I bit my bottom lip then shook my head. "Nothing."

Today, I decided to wear a simple white vest with taupe-colored dress pants. I saw Hunter eyeing me as I put on my white jacket.

"What?"

Now it was his turn to bite his lips and shake his head. "Nothing."

I rolled my eyes and gave him a punch that I knew didn't affect him at all. He held the targeted area.

"Ouch, that hurts. Now you're going to have to make up for that," he said pulling me from behind by the waist.

"Let me go! We're going to be even later than we are already." I laughed.

He looked on his watch then released me. "Shit I have a meeting right now."

Our little moment was ruined because of time. He walked over to Blaze, who was still laying on the bed and kissed his forehead. "Be good today, Mijo." He then walked over to me and kissed me on the lips. "I love you."

I smiled. "I love you too."

He smiled back before rushing out.

I turned to Blaze and picked him up. "Your daddy is something isn't he?"

And of course, I got no response. We walked down the stairs where Moya was hard at work sweeping away the non-existent dust.

"Ms. Douglas."

She stopped when she heard me. "Good morning Mrs. Lodge. Have a good day," she said taking Blaze out of my hand.

So now she wants to call me Mrs. Lodge? I was a little shocked but didn't make a big deal out of it.

I ran my hand over his slightly hairy head then kissed it. "See you later my prince."

...

I sat in my office not doing a thing. I had to review the annual expense report from the finance department but I couldn't think straight.

My phone pinged.

Cook a meal. I'm coming over tonight. -Dad

I sighed as I placed my head in my palms, I could scream right about now.

I pushed everything out of my mind and started reading the expense report. When I was finished, I picked up my bag and walked out of my office.

"Jannette, please give these to Mr. Kim in the finance department and tell him to make the necessary changes where I have highlighted."

She took the papers from me and nodded. "Noted. Will you be coming back?"

I shook my head. "No, I'll finish doing everything else at Lodge Enterprises."

She nodded then I left.

...

I walked into Hunter's office holding two cold brews in my hand. A smile instantly popped up on his face. Our love for coffee at any time of the day is what keeps me going.

"Are you busy?"

"Never too busy for coffee," he said while getting up.

I smiled as I walked in and sat on the sofa.