Chapter five

CHAPTER FIVE: movies

[ↂ■■ↂ]𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚞𝚜[ↂ■■ↂ]

NICKLAUS SWAN FOLLOWED BELLA, BARELY AWARE OF WHERE THEY WERE. The eighteen-year-old boy had been sleeping a bit more frequently. If he leaves the window open to let in cold air, but then, Charlie will enter, and close the window as it was too cold.

Klaus still didn't think it was cold enough. Which, had confused him, as he was always cold. But, oddly enough, he felt warmer around Jasper and Alice.

"Right, Klaus?" Bella asked, bumping his shoulder.

"Yeah, sure," he immediately replied, looking up in confusion when he realised that he was sitting with Bella and her friends.

"Well," Eric spoke up. "welcome."

"Thanks."

"So, listen," Mike speaks to Bella. "now that your- you know, talking and...eating again, which is you know..." he gestured to her stomach. "gotta get that protein in there..."

Mike's voice began to fade away, Klaus stared at the table, his mind spiraling.

"Klaus?" A voice called.

"Is he alright?" Eric asked, looking at the other, worried.

Klaus cursed them in his head, before looking up with a fake smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking of a drawing I've got an idea for." He lies.

"You know," Jessica speaks, as everyone looks at Klaus, unsure of what to say or do. They had never spoken to him. This was the first time-aside from that time at the beach-were he went near them. "I always wanted to see your drawings."

Everyone knew, that was a way to distract him, typically, as he'd as for opinions, if he should add a new section to he drawing or something.

Klaus forced a laugh. "I didn't bring my sketchbook. In a rush to get dressed, ended up forgetting it."

"So, um, Klaus, are you going?" Angela asked, looking at him worried.

"Uh," Klaus pushes back his hair, scratching his head as he tried to think of what they were saying.

"I don't know, Klaus doesn't really like those kinds of movies." Bella says. "He says the title Face Punch is stupid."

Jessica hummed. "Whatever happened to don't judge a book by it's cover?" She joked, she had recalled all the times that Klaus would smile and laughed around the Cullen family, and since they left, he hadn't done so.

"Yeah, well, I also judge the trailer, which is basically the summary of a movie."

"What about the actually summary of the movie? The description." Eric joined.

"That's the quote on the book." He reasoned.

[ↂ■■ↂ]𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚞𝚜[ↂ■■ↂ]

"Klaus, Hey," Jacob speaks, placing a hand on the other's arm. "Are you okay?"

Klaus looked at him, shaking his head. "Yeah, just... looking at for Bella. You know how she is...you always gotta watch out for her."

Jacob sent a smile to Klaus, nodding. All three looked up when Bella approached. "Jesica bailed. Angela got the stomach flu, so Eric's taking care of her. It's just us four."

"Great." Jacob said, then swinging an arm around Klaus. He waited for a comment, waiting for Klaus to say he didn't want to drag Jacob's weight across the street, but it never came.
[ↂ■■ↂ]𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚞𝚜[ↂ■■ↂ]

Mike had left the room, going to throw up in the bathroom, after a minute, Klaus knocked on the door. "Mike, are you alright in there?"

"Yep," Mike groaned.

Klaus lifted his hand when Mike came out, handing him the gum pack. "I'm guessing...that, you'll need these."

Mike took a stick of gum. "Thanks." Mike paused, unwrapping the stick of gum before speaking to Klaus, putting the stick of gum in his mouth. "You are not how I expected you to be." Mike says, washing his hands before exiting the bathroom.

"How did you" expect me to be "what did you assume about me?" Klaus asked.

"That you were an asshole." Mike replied, before standing by Jacob and Bella, who sat on the stairs. "I think I need to go home."

Jacob looked at him, angry and annoyed. Mikes sighed. "I-I was feeling sick before the movie. What is your problem?"

"You're my problem." Jacob replied. "Feeling sick? Maybe you need to go to the hospital." Jacob then quickly stood up, advancing towards Mike. "So you want me to put you in the hospital?"

Bella stood up, putting her hand on his arm and back. "Jake, Jake, movies over. What are you doing?" Then she removed her hand. "You're...really hot. Like, you feel like you have a fever. Are you okay?"

"I don't know what's happening." Jacob spoke. "I gotta go." Then walked out.

"Dude is weird." Mike scoffed.
[ↂ■■ↂ]𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚞𝚜[ↂ■■ↂ]

{793}