Chapter Eighteen

Lance's P.O.V

As he begins trying to clean his junky room up full of clothes spewed about, trash here and other, and other unidentifiable things until I spot out a bra and look dead at him.

He shakes his head " . . .Nothing happened. . .even if I wanted it to my body just wasn't agreeing with me." He says while approaching but keeping a good amount of distance away from me his eyes straying every which way.

I hope he isn't thinking what I think he's thinking. I scoff. That little bitch. . .even though we made up I still haven't forgiven him fully for what he said to me. Even if he has some kind of justifiable reason. Those words hurt.

Despite that. . . I look at his back as he busies himself with something else. I can't help but want him near me. . .close to me. I don't want want to lose sight of him or better yet leave him. . .again. I let out a tiring sigh,

I'm in deep. I really am in deep and it worries me. I don't want him on my concious every waking minute of my life. I don't want to care about him this much. I rub my forehead as a thought of Micah briefly appears in my head.

Obviously he doesn't care about me as much as I care about him. I would never say anything like that to him. I wouldn't want to lose him no matter what he did. . . and he was so easily willing to let go me like that.

Just like that. . .

It worries me. 

It's bad to love someone more than they love you. . .

After making his room somewhat different he finally turns around and faces me with that wry smile and bright green eyes of his making me heat up in a matter of seconds. " Lance. . . I know you're still upset about what I said. I wouldn't expect you to be over it either. . ."

My eyes narrow as they slowly fall to the floor. " I don't feel like talking about that right now. . ."

" Ok then. . .what do you want to talk about?"

" Us."

"Us?" He repeats. I nod my head. ". . .What do you-" " What are we right now? What is this?" He looks dumbfounded by the question but then quickly recovers. " We're mates. . .what do mean what are we?"

He grabs my hand and tugs me closer to him. " You belong to me. . .and I to you . ." He says tenderly to me. " That isn't enough. At least from what you said. You would be with whoever you want. . .mate or not." He sighs at this.

" Lance. I. . ." I cut him off. " You don't belong to me. You never have. . ." He runs his hands through his hair all sexy like which seemingly begins to weaken my resolve. " I always have and always will."

" Then I don't understand. . .I don't understand you at all. . .why were you fucking some girl knowing I was you're mate the entire time? " He rolls his eyes. " I have needs."

" And I couldn't satisfy them?" I say before I could even take it back.

" Trust me. . .you definitely could. . but I just couldn't wait forever until you found out I was your mate. I was dying over here. . ." A slight blush appears on my face as I let out a fake cough,

He takes my other hand into his as he pulls me even closer to him. " I want you. . ." He says softly through my ear. as he slowly trails down my neck. " And only you. . ." He says even closer to my neck kissing it softly while leaving butterfly kisses here and there in between each word he speaks.

My breathe nearly hitches at the sensual friction he is causing between us. I push him away. " Don't even try that shit with me." I practically snarl only for him to kiss me backing me up into the pillar of his bed.