David & Patrick (Schitt's Creek)

This is set a few months before they get engaged (There will be swearing)

David and Patrick wake up to Johnny Rose yelling. Patrick had slept over at the motel to spend more time with his boyfriend, and to get to know the Roses. 

"WAKEY WAKEY EGGS AND BREAKY, time to get up! Today is an important day!" Johnny yelled 

"Uhhh Dadddd whyyyyyyyyy" Alexis groaned. 

Patrick was much more of a morning person than any of the Roses

"What's happening today, Mr. Rose?" Patrick asked politely

"We are having some old friends over, thank you for asking Patrick!" Johnny said  enthusiastcally

"Who are we having over, Dad." David asked grumpily

"The Junes." Johnny said calmly.

"All of them?!?" David said, clearly panicking. Patrick rubbed his back, trying to calm his boyfriend.

"Yes. Why do you ask?" Johnny slightly worried. 

"Ohhh fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I used to ... date ... James ... and I kinda never offically dumped him." David said 

"What do you mean 'never dumped him'?" Patrick said.

"He ghosted him. Duh" Alexis said after coming out of the bathroom. 

"Oh dear. Well what are we gonna do?" Johnny said

"I feel drama welling up in here, it's about to pop like bubble gum." Moira said walking into the room

"David's ex who he ghosted and his family coming here today." Patrick said, worried.

"I did not ghost James. I just started texting less and less until I didn't text him. Yep I ghosted him. Oh no." David said.

"Well what are we to do?" Moira said.

"I don't know." David said

"You could say David had to work late and he can spend the night with me." Patrick suggested

"Perfect! David go pack a bag! Let's go!" Moira said

"Can I have a moment with Patrick," David said gesturing to the door "Alone. Please. Thank you."

As soon as the door closed David grabbed Patrick's hand

"I am so sorry that I didn't  break up with that guy. I wasn't out to my parents and I am really sorry, I love you. And now I don't know what else to say". David said guiltily.

"It's okay, David, everyone has stuff like that. I love you too... And now we need to pack." Patrick said lovingly.

So they packed a bag and ran out before the Junes came. They held hands the whole drive to Patrick's place.  

"We're here!" Patrick said sweetly.

"Thank goodness, I had no idea how long this drive would be ... and thank you again". David said, trying his best to show his gratitude.

"You're welcome, David." Patrick said knowingly

Patrick showed David around and after David took a shower. 

After David's shower Patrick showed David his favourite movies from when he was a kid and made some popcorn. 

And they spent all night watching movies, eating popcorn, and just being with eachother.

By 12 Patrick had fallen asleep, and David noticed this, and draped a blanket over his boyfriend before lightly kissing him on the forehead and going to bed.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Srry this isn't super great, have a nice day/night and take care of yourself!