Drukkari (Eternals)

This is set after the movie, before the cliffhanger. 

Druig and Makkari have been quite bored since they stopped the emergence. They've played just about every single game ever created, literally. 

On this particular day they were in a corner, reading with their hands entwined. Every few pages they would squeeze eachother's hand. 

They were reading peacefully until someone came running into the room they were reading in.

It was Kingo and Phastos. Who were very surprised, but wanted to be dramatic.

"Ooh sorry , I probably should have knocked!" Kingo said 

"Yeah, sorry lovebirds!" Phastos said

Druig and Makkari got up, hand in hand, to greet them.

For the record, I think lovebugs is cuter than lovebirds  Makkari signed

"I completely agree" Druig smirked at Makkari "What you two doing here?" he asked

"Do we need an excuse to visit?" Kingo asked 

Yes. Makkari signed Druig nodded along, annoyed he had to let go of her hand.

"Where's Thena?" Phastos asked. 

"She comes and goes." Druig said, grabbing Makkari's hand back.

"OK, well, Kingo lied, we need Excalibur." Phastos said

Kingo nudged him "I was just trying to be polite!" 

What do you need it for? Makkari signed

"Something." Kingo said, clearly trying not to yell.

"What are you hiding?" Druig said knowingly

"He needs it for his new movie, and he brought me along so you'd listen."

Fine, as long as you bring it back Makkari signed.

Druig turned to her "Are you sure?" He said, subconsciously signing along

She nods Phastos can make sure for us she signed 

"Yes, I can. My son has been begging to go back there." Phastos said, giving in. 

"She's the only one who'd be able to sift through that mess fast enough." Kingo said

OK let's go Makkari signed and they walked to the main room

She gave Druig a kiss on the cheek and less than a minute later, she had Excalibur in her hand

"It seems my beautiful, beautiful Makkari is now king" Druig joked, pulling her into his arms. 

"This is so weird." Kingo said

"I don't think I'll ever get over this." Phastos said

Don't worry he won't kiss me when others are around Makkari signed, giggling.

"Not true." Druig said and he leaned in and gave her a little peck on the lips. 

Druig smirked, Makkari blushed, Phastos and Kingo just started screaming different versions of "Eww", and Thena walked in and said: "Aww. You two lovebugs are adorable."

"Yes we are!" Druig agreed, pulling Makkari into his arms, once again, and kissing the top of her head.

A few months later, the movie came out, and Makkari, Thena, Druig, and all the other Eternals were invited to the premiere.

Druig , Makkari, and Thena were chilling in the main room, Druig had his arm draped over Makkari's shoulder, Thena was sitting in the corner. 

"Hey Makkari, y'know that premiere we're going to?" Druig said, signing along. 

Yes Makkari signed back

"Will you be my date" He said innocently (once again, signing)

Of course, my love Makkari signed back 

"How dare you not ask me first, Druig." Thena joked

Makkari kissed him on the cheek before getting up to get a book.

It was the day of the premiere, and Makkari was nervous. All of them were wearing their traditional clothes, and Makkari was squeezing Druig's hand very,very,very, tightly.

~Before they went on the red carpet~

Love, it's okay, you can hold onto me the entire time  Druig signed.

She hugged him, kissed him, grabbed his hand, and they went on the carpet. 

Druig kept his promise. They held onto eachother the whole time.

~After the premiere~

All the Eternals were sitting back on the Domo, Druig and Makkari still entwined. 

"So, Thena, Makkari, was it worth letting Kingo use Excalibur?" Phastos asked, breaking the peaceful silence. 

"Mmmm... Not really." Thena said

I don't mean to be harsh, but definitely, no Makkari signed

And they spent the rest of the night catching up with their friends, cuddling and ending with Makkari carrying Druig  to bed, kissing his head, tucking him in, and finally, falling into a peaceful slumber, dreaming of only happy things.

This was actually pretty fun to write. And I know, this might not perfectly match up with the timeline. Wow, 727 words. Anyways, thanks for reading! Have a nice day/night