chapter 4

I woke up the next morning at 8.30 am. I smelled a fantastic smell coming, obviously from kitchen. I got up from the bed and rubbed my eyes. I walked to the bedroom door and opened it. I saw Egon doing breakfast in the kitchen. 

"Good morning," he said when he heard my foot steps. "Morning," I said a bit tiredly. "Did you sleep well?" Egon asked still not looking at me. "Yeah, I think so. Did you sleep well?" I said while taking a seat at the dining table. "I slept well, I guess." He said and finally turned around. I looked straight to his dark brown eyes and he looked at my blue eyes. There was a little silence for like a minute and then Egon broke it. "Um, the breakfast is ready now." He said and brought waffles, yoghurt, coffee and water to the table. Of course he also brought some cream for the waffles. I put my finger in the cream bowl and tasted the cream. "Holy, this cream tastes amazing." I said with a smile. "Thanks, I made it myself this morning." Egon said and smiled. I felt my cheeks turning a bit red. I took one waffle and put on some cream. I took a cup of coffee and took a sip of it. I felt the warm coffee running down my throat. "So, um, are you going to work today?" I asked while eating my waffle. "No, I got this day free." Egon said with some waffle in his mouth. "Oh, okay. Why did you got this day free?" I asked in a little confuse. Egon lifted his face and looked straight into my eyes. "Well, I wanna get to know you better. You are still a bit stranger to me, no offense." He said and took a sip of his coffee. I just smiled. "It's fine," I said.

After we finished our breakfast, I took my dishes to the kitchen. I started washing the dishes. "You don't have to do that," Egon said, bringing his dishes to the kitchen. "I know, but I wanna do them." I said and continued. Egon walked next to me and started washing his dishes. It was kinda cute moment, me and Egon washing dishes and helping each other. After we had washed the dishes, we went to the couch to talk and, you know, get to know each other. 

We talked about everything: his work, my life, my obsessions (books and music), his life etc. "Have you ever had a girlfriend?" I asked. "Nope, nobody want's me cause I'm too nerdy." Egon said and laughed a bit. "Oh, well for me, you aren't too nerdy." I said blushing so hard I looked like a tomato. Egon cleared his throat. "Have you ever had a boyfriend?" He asked. "In high school I had once. After that my trust for men has been very bad." I said rolling my eyes. "But you trust me, don't you?" Egon asked raising his eyebrows. "Yes I do. You seem so kind and caring guy." I said and looked into his beautiful brown eyes. "Well, that's nice to hear." He said, stuttering and blushing. There was an awkward silence between us. "I'm gonna use the bathroom, I'll come back in a second." I said and walked to the bathroom. 

After my quick visit in the bathroom, I walked back to the couch. "It's late, we should eat something." Egon said when I sat on the couch. "Oh my, yes. We talked like for hours." I said when I looked at my watch. "By the way, after the talk I think I know you better than I know myself." Egon said, getting up from the couch. "Same here," I said and watched Egon walking to the kitchen. "Mel, I'm sorry, I don't have anything to eat now." He said while walking back to the couch. "It's fine, I'm not hungry." I said and looked at the dark blue wall. "Umm, Mel. W-would y-you like to g-go t-to eat somewhere w-with m-me? Or a-anywhere else you want." Egon said, stuttering. "Yeah sure, I would love that." I said and smiled. "Holy cow, I'm going on a date with my crush. Wait, I have a crush. Damn, it's been a long time since I've had a crush. You better be calm tonight, girl." Thoughts running inside my head. "Great. Where do you wanna go?" Egon asked. "I don't know. Book store or a restaurant." I said quietly, Egon still heard me. "We can go to both, if you want." He said. "If it's okay to you." I said. "Sure," Egon said and helped me up from the couch. "I look like trash! I can't go looking like this." I said when I looked myself from a mirror. "You don't look like trash, you look beautiful." Egon said. I blushed for the millionth time. "Thanks, Egon." I said and walked to the bedroom.