Chapter 12

••••• MARCELA'S POV •••••

- I'm sitting on my bed thinking after I just finished throwing up my breakfast & brushing my teeth. I'm assuming I'm pregnant because I've been throwing up for the past couple of weeks & my breasts are tender af. Rah calls me back to back because I've been ignoring all his calls & texts for like a month & a half. I even changed my locks & now only Marcus has a key. Thing is, I guess I'll have to communicate with him for the sake of our child. It feels so weird saying that even in my head. Speaking of him my phone started ringing...

"Yes Raheem?" I answered.
"Why you been ignoring me? You know I don't like that shit."
"Because I didn't have nothing to say to you. That's why." I rolled my eyes.
"Well look. There's a lot of shit going on so I would feel better if you were staying with me to be honest."
"Well I'd prefer to be home. This baby-" I shouldn't have said that.
"Baby? You pregnant Marcela? I'm coming to get you now. Get ready."

He hung up & I rolled my eyes. I know he's gonna be overly protective about me & this baby. He's gonna want me to move in & for us to be a family. I do miss him, but I really wish I could've kept it to myself for a bit longer. I unlocked the door because I knew he'd be here soon & drunk a cup of ginger ale for my nausea. I walked to my bedroom & got in the steaming hot shower that was needed at this moment. I was in the shower for about 15 minutes before I heard him calling my name. "I'm in the shower!" I yelled back as I rinsed off & stepped out while throwing my crinkled, damp hear into a bun. What a day this would be.

••••• RAH POV •••••

- After I heard 'baby' it was over. I'm going to get her & there is no such thing as no. I guess she left the door unlocked so I walked to her room & sat on her bed waiting for her to get out the shower. She walked into the bedroom naked with the water still running down her body. I looked her up & down, biting my lip to contain my negative thoughts. She cleared her throat & I looked at her eyes that didn't seem too pleased to see me. "You can go wait in the living room." She said. "Nah I'm good right here. Just get dressed so we can be on time to your appointment I made to check on my baby. It's at 2 & it's already 1:15." I replied rushing her. I could tell she was pregnant by the barely noticeable pudge that was forming. You wouldn't notice it if you didn't pay attention to her like I do. She rolled her eyes & walked to her closet putting on leggings without bothering to put on draws & a crop top. "Ummm where the hell is your bra & panties?" I questioned. "My nipples hurt & I don't feel like wearing panties." She replied. "Put them on." I said. She rolled her eyes & did as she was told. We left closer to 1:30 & headed to the doctor. We signed her in & were called back shortly. I helped her onto the table & she laid back. I sat in the chair beside her & held her hand. I could tell she was nervous, but I was excited. "It's gonna be alright." I assured her. The doctor came in & he was looking at Marcela some type of way. I didn't appreciate it. Why couldn't we have a woman doctor? But whatever, I just wanna see the baby. He prepped her with that gel stuff & we seen the baby on the ultrasound. "Well, looks like you're about 8 weeks & that little blur right there is your baby." He pointed to the screen. We both sat there in awe. That's really our creation on the screen. I kissed Marcela & she kissed me back with tears in her eyes. After the appointment we sat in the car for a minute I saw tears start to form in her eyes. "What's wrong bae?" I asked concerned. "This bra. It's hurting my nipples, I'm fine tho." She replied wiping her eyes. I reached behind her & unclasped her bra helping her take it off. "You hungry?" She shook her head no so I took her to my house. The look on her face when we pulled up told me she was still upset about what happened, but I didn't say anything, she didn't either. I got out & she followed me inside stripping out of her clothes as she walked inside. I watched the whole way.