Chapter 1 - June's POV

...My father got up and got dressed again. He grabbed my wrist tightly and ordered me to get dressed again. I obeyed in fear. It was my 5th birthday. My father had just raped me. My father pushed me in front of him like I was a puppy. We arrived in the kitchen, my mother was beating my 3 year old sister with her bare fist. I couldn't take it any longer to hear Stina scream in pain and see her helpless at the mercy of my mother. I ran to my sister and got her out of the high chair, so my dad pulled me to the ground and kicked me until I couldn't cry anymore from the pain...

I woke up drenched in sweat. It was just a dream, just a horrible nightmare that reminded me of what was reality before my parents dumped us and wanted to get rid of us and brought us here 6 years ago. As a precaution, I looked over to the bed of my little sister Stina, who was now 9 years old, that she was still sleeping peacefully and everything was fine with her. Luckily Stina slept like an angel. 

I was too upset and afraid to go back to sleep. My mind went back to my dream. When I was 5 and Stina was 3, our parents abused and raped us for no reason. During my time with my parents my father raped me twice. My sister and I were beaten  very often. When Stina was 4 and I was 6, they took us to this children's home here in South Dakota. And we've been here ever since. I am now 11 years old and Stina is 9 years old. 

I remembered what the director of the orphanage had announced over dinner, "All children turning 10 this year and those older will be transferred to a children's home in the state of Nebraska on Saturday." That was simply because many new small children will come on Sunday next week and the children's home needs the space and the rooms. Well never mind, I can't change it anyway. At least Stina and I are going to the new children's home in Nebrask together since she will soon be 10 years old. Maybe a nice couple will adopt me and my sister. I noticed how tired I was and finally fell asleep again.