Chapter 3 - Hilary's POV

It's summer 2014. I'm standing backstage watching Skillet play live. I particularly enjoy watching my husband and enjoying his guitar skills. We got married two years ago. I remember our first date, I fell in love with Seth immediately. He dated me several times until he finally proposed to me. I was so overjoyed. Then came the day of our wedding in Nashville in Summer 2012. I remember our first passionate kiss at our wedding. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Seth's  kiss on my cheek. The concert here in Nashville was over. Seth and I went home. While he showered and I cooked dinner, I thought again about adopting children. It was Friday night and after Seth had finished showering and got to the dinner table I brought the subject up with him again. It was clear to both of us that we didn't want to have children of our own, but rather that we wanted to give children a good future with two girls from the children's home. I asked him about adoption. "Honey, I've been thinking again about adopting two kids and giving them a new future with us. I'd like to move on with that. Do you think we could go to the adoption center in the morning and fill out the paperwork?" Silence. Seth just continued chewing thoughtfully. Then he replied, "Yeah, I've thought about it too. I think we should do it tomorrow. What did you have in mind?" I tell him that I would like to have two girls and preferably siblings. We discussed a little bit more about it and then went to bed after Seth watched baseball on TV.

The next day was Saturday and in the morning we went to the adoption center in Nashville. There we had to give up all our files and information. We had to fill out a lot of paperwork and were then told that it could be over two years before there was an opportunity to adopt children. We took note of the information and then said goodbye. The adoption center would contact Seth by mail if there was any news or opportunities. We were now on the waiting list. In the afternoon I took Seth to the airport from where he flew to Washington because Skillet had a concert there. I couldn't come and I stayed home. But I was used to that. Seth and I call each other every morning and evening to keep in touch. I couldn't wait to get mail from the adoption center and can't wait for that day.