01/19/2022

Crumpled

Wet spots appeared on the paper. One, then two, then four. I started at the page then hurled it into the fireplace. All it took was a match. On a little twig and a spark. The page crumpled, turning from pristine cream to charcoal.

I started to quietly heave. My breaths came quick and deep. I had tried so hard. Guess that didn't matter. I guess it never matters when the life you live is a lottery. Most of the time you'll lose.

My parents sat in their offices as I stomped past.

An ordinary, boring man gains a superpower. What kind of power is it? What does he do with it?

John Doe's brown eyes would be described as well, brown. Not chocolate or hazelnut or coffee or spruce, just brown. Plain, boring, simple. In fact, that's how you could describe the rest of him too. From his forgettable face, to his mousy hair to his grey suit. The only thing that you wouldn't call ordinary about him was that he never was bad at anything. Don't get this wrong, he was never amazing at anything either. He just seemed to be average at everything. At sailing he could sail around a lake but couldn't do any cool tricks. His cooking wasn't phenomenal but it was decent. The food was palatable enough for everyone to enjoy it but not enough for everyone to remember it. (TBC)

Write a short story from the perspective of a fairy-tail villain. For example, the witch from Hansel and Gretel, or the Queen from Snow White.

Looking back on things, I wish I had been nicer to Ella. She didn't deserve to be told what to do and ordered around. I think we could've been friends but my mother never allowed us to be in the same room without her. She said something about Ella 'training' us or 'being extremely busy'. She was hard working, that's for sure. She'd polish the staircase, plow the field with the help of the cows, and prepare small feasts for us. I could never tell if she actually cared about us or despised us. A part of me hopes she did the latter. We deserve that. (TBC)