Good 4 u

Reader POV

"You fucked Duff?" Tiffany hissed sliding closer to me in the coffee shop we had escaped the office for. "You only took Friday off before the weekend to move. Did you get freaky all weekend?" She asked, eyes wide and wanting all the juicy details to the life I felt like I was just starting to live.

I could feel the blush on my cheeks. Flashes of Duff and I in the bed he assembled for me, in the kitchen with my legs spread and him between them, watching the city at night as I rode on his lap, the feeling of the water on my face as I looked up from him on my knees, my knees that had carpet burn from the living room rug we had picked out together and christened as soon as we had laid it out.

I shimmied in my seat feeling raw and sore from a weekend where Duff gave me his love in more than one way and my friend was looking at me with one of her knowing glances.

I had expected there to be some embarrassment but with him everything felt so good and natural. The way his hands guided my body in ways I hadn't experienced before. Or maybe I had and he was just showing me all the benefits of being with him.

"He just helped me move in this weekend." I said innocently but her eyes were narrowed as she stared at me with a knowing look. Was I that easy to read?

"Did he help rearrange your insides all weekend as a bonus?" I smacked her arm but laughed like a schoolgirl with her. "Was he there with you this morning?" She asked, trying to get all the information from me.

I had woken up to him kissing down my body. His tongue sliding between my thighs as he sucked my clit, looking up at me as a way of good morning. The sun rising, pink and orange hues dancing across our skin and the sheets as the world woke up with my moans calling the start of the day like a rooster crowing.

"He is going to stay at his apartment tonight just so I have some time to figure things out because I do like him now but I don't know a lot about him. I remember bits and feelings but it still feels like something is missing." I tapped the ceramic coffee cup. I did like being with Duff a lot but I wasn't in love with him.

"It's unfair." Tiffany declared, her cheek resting in her hand, "You're going to get to fall in love with Duff again and have two romantic love stories." I rolled my eyes at this and shrugged my shoulders but the way that my heart was beating had me feeling strange.

Could I fall in love with him? Easily. I could feel the strings of my soul reaching out to him already; I trusted him and it felt good to be with him. It felt like something I had always craved and now was getting to taste.

Heading back into the office I saw two vases on my desk. Purple lilies and red roses. Tiffany was beside me as we headed in. I knew the lilies were from Duff and grabbed the card from them while she grabbed the red roses card that probably came bearing a name that I didn't want to read..

'Thank you for letting me stay at your place this weekend. I can't wait to see more sunrises from your bed XOXO D'

I smiled at the card, looking at the purple lilies with a smile on my face as I leaned forward to breathe in their beautiful scent. Tiffany however was grabbing the roses and trying to leave with the evidence that they were ever there..

"They're from Nikki?" I asked, knowing already who sent them. She nodded her head in response to me, "Can I see the card before you throw them away?" She hesitated, and I knew whatever was in that card wasn't going to be something that I wanted to read.

"I think I should throw the card away too." I frowned, taking a few steps and picking it out of roses. Nikki's writing was in deep black ink as if it was a bolder statement with each word.