Rebirth

You are not who you pretend to be.
You walk around with jokes and smiles, carrying your head high.
But we both know that's not you.
When someone asks what's wrong, you joke and say, nothing, it's just my face.
But deep down, you're scared. And you're scarred.
That terrified little girl follows you around and haunts you. The girl who wasn't prepared for what the world had in store for her.
You have been beaten and broken.
You are the down-trodden.
You are covered in scars that make for great story telling.
But do they see it, the pain behind the joke? The sadness in your smile?
You've gone through your life not knowing how to talk about your pain, so you turn it into a comedy, a story for people to laugh about.
But what do you do when that isn't enough anymore? How do you cope?
They tried to burn you to the ground before, and you came back a pheonix; a new bird risen from the ashes of old.
But now, you must be a dragon. Breath the fire that tried to burn you down.
Be a mermaid, and sing your songs of sadness in the water that tried to drown you.
Be a fairy and flit through the wind that suffocated you.
Become a wizard and use your overwhelming knowledge to your advantage.
Be those creatures of myth and lore,
And use those skills to fight like you never have before.
You are the mightiest of beasts, and no one can break you.
Cast your spells in the night and pray to the moon. Walk along the earth barefooted, and whistle in the wind to a tune.
You are so much stronger than you believe, even when it feels like your back is breaking.
You my love were destined for something bigger, and the sleeping bear is finally waking.
Stop wearing you heart on your sleeve for the whole world to see.
You take that shit and you lock it up, save it for someone that is going to earn it.
I know that life seems hard right now, but don't let anyone take your soul in earnest.
Baby, you were born for greatness and sometimes you gotta learn to grow in the moonlight.
But even the smallest flower growing amongst weeds, is a sign that you were destined to fucking fight.